Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 11, 2010

Skate 3 features a cooperative career mode, new tricks, a robust set of community features, and a suite of creation tools for logos, films, and skate parks.

Online Pass Woes

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By david3cm

So today I picked up a copy of Skate 3, being a huge fan of the first two. I picked up a new copy, noticing that it is now a 'platinum hit' complete with ugly grey case and very boring spine art. So I went home and was ready to enjoy the game, excited to play some amazing user made parks. I prepare to hop only but this being an EA game I need to enter my online pass. No problem, I bought my copy new. But lo and behold when I look in the case all there was was a three page booklet with boiler plate safety info, no online pass. So is the case with all platinum hits? Am I forced to pay 10 bucks for an online pass although I bought new, personally I feel somewhat ripped off.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By X19

I'm still depressed about Skate 3 and never picked it up because the servers were having major problems at the time, online pass and the DLC they released day 1 should of been in the game.

Skate 2 was brilliant especially playing it through start to finish with a friend. Great times.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By George_Hukas

That's pretty dirty considering you bought it new.

However, if its simply the user made parks you wanted you really aren't missing much. Custom parks never really functioned properly for me, they always seem to create performance and framerate issues and sometimes wonky physics glitches that I never experienced in the main game.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By david3cm

@George_Hukas: I agree that the user made parks probably not be as awesome as Im hoping, Im more frustrated that I paid full price for a game for the sole purpose of getting online functionality and it isnt even there. I have had no problem with online passes in the pass because I try to by my games new as often as I can, so this really irks me.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By hockeymask27

@david3cm said:

So today I picked up a copy of Skate 3, being a huge fan of the first two. I picked up a new copy, noticing that it is now a 'platinum hit' complete with ugly grey case and very boring spine art. So I went home and was ready to enjoy the game, excited to play some amazing user made parks. I prepare to hop only but this being an EA game I need to enter my online pass. No problem, I bought my copy new. But lo and behold when I look in the case all there was was a three page booklet with boiler plate safety info, no online pass. So is the case with all platinum hits? Am I forced to pay 10 bucks for an online pass although I bought new, personally I feel somewhat ripped off.

look at the back of the Manuel. Sometimes they are hidden if not call ea this is bull.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By david3cm

@Hockeymask27: Read over the manuel, nothing there. I have never called to complain to a video game company before, I am expecting a long and frustrating phone conversation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.