Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate

Franchise »

EA's take on skateboarding featuring a unique analog stick trick system that has distinquished itself from the Tony Hawk fanchise.

EA Community Manager tweets about Skate 4

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Spin up the hype machine. Between this and the BC of Skate 3, we might finally get a Skate 4. And if we're extra lucky, it won't be a train wreck like THPS 5.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nnickers

This definitely doesn't seem like any way that a major publisher would ever announce a game. I don't know if this is a goof or what, but I wouldn't read into it too much.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    @nnickers said:

This definitely doesn't seem like any way that a major publisher would ever announce a game. I don't know if this is a goof or what, but I wouldn't read into it too much.

I think the fact he works for a major publisher is even more proof that it's not a goof. It it was, I feel like the tweet would have been taken down already (it's been up for days now) and this dude would have found himself in someone's office surrounded by a bunch of angry suits.

My initial thought is that this is the world's least subtle hint that an official Skate 4 announcement is coming at some point. One would assume it would be soon, but obviously it's impossible to accurately guess when exactly. At the very least, I think this tweet is confirmation that EA is well aware of the demand for Skate 4 and are seriously considering all of their options at the moment.

I could obviously be wrong, but like I said, I don't think this would be allowed to spread like it has if it was just a goof.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Maybe this tease is just EA's way of doing their part in shining light into the hellscape that has been the past weekend. Hope, thy name is Skate 4.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

God fucking damn if this does mean a Skate 4 it best come to PC cause no way am I buying a PS4 just for 1 game, right?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By Zevvion

I bet Skate 4 is about to get scrapped because they don't believe it will have enough of an audience. Then this man tweets out 'skate 4' so he can walk into his office the next day and be like: 'So... where were we'?

EDIT: Seeing some pretty hilarious tweets saying 'Make EA Skate again'.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d: There's really no excuse not to release it for the PC at this point seeing how easy it is to use a controller.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d: There's really no excuse not to release it for the PC at this point seeing how easy it is to use a controller.

Yeah exactly. Just imagining the stuff that could be done with a PC version of Skate (even though I'm sure if they did release it they would lock it down as much as they could) definitely excites me.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@nnickers: This isn't a game announcement. It's a teaser, which plenty of other companies have been doing for years now. As @babychoochoo said - if this was just a joke, it's likely that dude would've removed it and gotten called into an office by now.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@babychoochoo said:

My initial thought is that this is the world's least subtle hint that an official Skate 4 announcement is coming at some point. One would assume it would be soon, but obviously it's impossible to accurately guess when exactly. At the very least, I think this tweet is confirmation that EA is well aware of the demand for Skate 4 and are seriously considering all of their options at the moment.

Pretty much exactly how I read it. I hope they've been making it though. I think Skate 4 could be great and do very well. I feel like a new Skate could do a lot with more power, for multiplayer, taking video clips, and all kinds of things.

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fugoy

Don't fucking play with my heart like this EA.

GIVE ME THE SKATE 4 OR YOU HATE AMERICA

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EA would have to put together a new team or commission someone else to make it, the sequels really benefited from the excellent systems, animations and physics introduced in the first game, assuming the next game is a fresh start from an unfamiliar team... i don't know if it would feel as special as the previous games. If they can somehow surpass those games then holy s*** that would be amazing.
    Instead of take the risk of a bad game killing the franchise forever, i'd rather have a PC port of 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.