Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Zipper Interactive returns to the SOCOM series with a new installment on PlayStation 3 that features squad-based gameplay, 32 player online modes, and PlayStation Move support.

SOCOM 4 Using PlayStation Move

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

its from gamespot but whatevaaaa 

figured a thread on the socom 4 forum was necessary for this. i will update this in the future with any other vids
    ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By ez123

Homer's so awesome. 

"Can you tell us what you're doing here with the Wii-mote..... Wii-Move. Oh, I mean Playstation Move."

Gamespot isn't totally horrible with him and Ekberg there.

On topic, looks better than any shooter the Wii has done but  not as good as a controller(shocking, I know).

Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lambert

Way to kill off Socom. I never thought it would be killed because of motion controls...

sigh.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

That Homer guy is pretty damn funny.

"I'm sorry, I forgot your name already".
    "Travis Steiner."
    "Travis Diner?!"
    "Steiner"
    "Steiner!"

"Now, er... Could you describe what this guy is doing with the Wii.. The Wii Move?"
    *awkwardness*
    "Oh I'm sorry the Playstation Move! Playstation Move!"

Oh Gamespot. I lol'd.

And the camera man is fucking terrible. Really. Fucking terrible.

EntombedStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EntombedStorm

I'm gonna assume that all of these move games aren't anywhere near final production because if this is anything like the final copy then PS3 is no longer gonna be known for having the best graphics.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By canucks23
    @EntombedStorm said:
    " I'm gonna assume that all of these move games aren't anywhere near final production because if this is anything like the final copy then PS3 is no longer gonna be known for having the best graphics. "
    Yes... they're all final builds, they're just waiting half a year before they release.
    /sarcasm
    Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Warfare
    @Lambert said:

" Way to kill off Socom. I never thought it would be killed because of motion controls...  sigh. "

That's a bit dramatic.
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    @Lambert said:
    " Way to kill off Socom. I never thought it would be killed because of motion controls...  sigh. "
    Overreact much? There's a lot left to be seen about this game before we make such broad assumptions. I actually think it might work out, especially with SOCOM - and I'm not really into the motion controllers. I just feel like this might have some potential. 

Everyone's biggest argument against the Wii is the graphics. Well now the HD consoles are going to have similar functions, what will the new excuse be now?
    EntombedStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EntombedStorm
    @canucks23 said:
    " @EntombedStorm said:
    " I'm gonna assume that all of these move games aren't anywhere near final production because if this is anything like the final copy then PS3 is no longer gonna be known for having the best graphics. "
    Yes... they're all final builds, they're just waiting half a year before they release. /sarcasm "
    I know they're not done but I mean they're really far away from it and anyway they'll need move so they can't just release it.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By rjayb89

Totally forgot Homer was still there, he continues to be awesome unlike Ekberg.

MrT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrT

motion con trolls is not the way to go

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Burns098356GX

It doesn't look like you'll be able to full off very difficult moves, its like you can move side to side, forward, back and shoot. I think its not going to work when you really need it too.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By JoelTGM
    @Out_On_Bail said:
    " @Lambert said:
    Overreact much? There's a lot left to be seen about this game before we make such broad assumptions. I actually think it might work out, especially with SOCOM - and I'm not really into the motion controllers. I just feel like this might have some potential.  Everyone's biggest argument against the Wii is the graphics. Well now the HD consoles are going to have similar functions, what will the new excuse be now? "
    Na the main problem people have with the Wii is all the stupid party/family games where you just waggle the wiimote around.  The big thing with the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 getting into motion controls is that it won't be strictly for the casual games anymore, but whether or not that's a good thing is still unknown.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.