Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Zipper Interactive returns to the SOCOM series with a new installment on PlayStation 3 that features squad-based gameplay, 32 player online modes, and PlayStation Move support.

Zipper Interactive Developing SOCOM 4

• 70 results
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By jakob187

Well...that's quite a bit of a surprise!  Regardless, I've held off from buying a PS3 solely because I haven't heard the words "Dark Cloud 3" out of Level 5's mouth.  However, Zipper saying "SOCOM 4" gets me just as moist in the pants.  Now I'm debating on getting a PS3...and quitting my job...and never doing anything again for the rest of my life.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By TwoOneFive

FUCK YES! 

Finally, my favorite multiplayer gets a TRUE "next-gen" sequel!! 

And despite the haters, Confrontation is still one of the most played games on PSN, its a testament to Zipper's excellent multiplayer gameplay design. I CAN'T wait to play this and the screen shots look excellent!!!

ekkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ekkers

holy crap

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TwoOneFive

IGN had a full hands on,  
    sounds like Zipper is going all out on this one 
    they say they've worked really hard on all new AI that will flank you and even call in air strikes if you wait around too long. lol @ that.  Also what is very interesting is they have worked with Naughty Dog and are creating the cut scenes just like they did (sort of avatar-ish). 
    anyways heres the gist of it so far: 
    - Third Person Shooter
    - SINGLEPLAYER CAMPAIGN with 14 missions, for around 12 hours of gameplay.
    - 5 man squad.
    - 32 PLAYER ONLINE aiming for "an all new experience".
    - Destructible environment.
    - Singleplayer co-op not yet confirmed.
    - Singleplayer campaign will take place in South East Asia - jungles, mountains, small towns, cities
    - FALL 2010 RELEASE
        @Hitchenson said:

" ...This was the "secret announcement"? Oh.  "

yah this is it. its about as big of an announcement you could hope for pre-E3. 
    Able

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Able

Please just let it be exactly like SOCOM II but better looking.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

I loved 1 and 2 but then they ruined it with 3 and never bought a PS3. Weird how they were once the biggest online shooters, before Halo on the consoles went online. However they've gone nowhere with the series since 2003 and ruined the great name with 3 in 2005. 

Hopefully they can reclaim the name of the Third Person Counter Strike.

yoyokid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By yoyokid

finally a true socom game.

adamfedoruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By adamfedoruk

i am super excited. 

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By ProfessorEss

I'll be curious to see if this will turn out to be true "SOCOM" - or if the franchise name has grown to the point that they'll end up changing the game for "wider appeal" purposes.

Still, pretty cool. Something to keep and eye on.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Devil240Z

About time! True Socom fans like myself can finally rest easy knowing that the last 600 hours I spent playing Socom Confrontation was not wasted. Long live the true god of gaming SOCOM!!!!

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Devil240Z
    @inspectah: Socom is socom. Socom 2 is socom. Socom 3 is socom. AAAND Socom Confrontation is bloody socom! SOCOM IS SOCOM AND I PLAY SOCOM.  Quit being a hater.
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#62  Edited By Gabriel

Never played a Socom game but I'll probably pick this one up, After MW2 something tactical sounds nice.

DannyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#63  Edited By DannyJ

Ugh, I couldnt stand the community of SOCOM. The only people that can get into it are the guys who've played it since the first and second games. If you show any signs of being a new guy, even if you're kind and eager to learn, they boot you from the game because they're so full of themselves.

I'll stick with fun games thank you.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By ocdog45

i think with everything going on at IW the announcement of a SOCOM 4 is just right. don't think i want to play another COD if its not by a good IW team. who knows who will still be around. ZIP knows waht the people want.

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

Killzone 3? Resistance 3?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And then they announce SOCOM 4.  Really a complete disappointment for me but i'm sure it will still be a great game and I will like it.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @DannyJ said:
    " Ugh, I couldnt stand the community of SOCOM. The only people that can get into it are the guys who've played it since the first and second games. If you show any signs of being a new guy, even if you're kind and eager to learn, they boot you from the game because they're so full of themselves.  I'll stick with fun games thank you. "
    this is bullshit. when i bought confrontation i found the community to one- be very avid, and two-they are supportive. but uh, join up with people you know or try to get into a clan- otherwise you'll join a room with people who are probably in a clan together or are just a bunch of serious gamers and don't feel like having your space in the room being filled with a guy running in circles.  
     theres a good reason that despite many technical hiccups early on, SOCOM Confrontation remains one of the most played games on PSN: the basic gameplay formula laid out by Zipper is tried and true and is VERY fun!

@ReaperOfLiving said:

" Killzone 3? Resistance 3?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And then they announce SOCOM 4.  Really a complete disappointment for me but i'm sure it will still be a great game and I will like it. "

jesus fucking christ guys, what the fuck would make you think that Sony would allow one of their biggest PS3 franchises to be premiered on a show that airs at 12:30am?!  
    Socom 4 is perfectly fitting, sheesh. 
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
    @TwoOneFive said:

@ReaperOfLiving said:

" Killzone 3? Resistance 3?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And then they announce SOCOM 4.  Really a complete disappointment for me but i'm sure it will still be a great game and I will like it. "

jesus fucking christ guys, what the fuck would make you think that Sony would allow one of their biggest PS3 franchises to be premiered on a show that airs at 12:30am?!  Socom 4 is perfectly fitting, sheesh.  "
    Game news sites. 
    _Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By _Phara0h_
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " Unsurprisingly, that looks like MAG. "
    yeah and for all the people how have bought MAG I hope for you they have a team working on new maps and bugs.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @THAfara0 said:

" @MAN_FLANNEL said:

" Unsurprisingly, that looks like MAG. "
    yeah and for all the people how have bought MAG I hope for you they have a team working on new maps and bugs. "
    what are you stupid or something? of course they do. they've obviously been working on this new socom for a some time now, definitely way before MAG was released. 
    @ReaperOfLiving said:

" @TwoOneFive said:

@ReaperOfLiving said:

jesus fucking christ guys, what the fuck would make you think that Sony would allow one of their biggest PS3 franchises to be premiered on a show that airs at 12:30am?!  Socom 4 is perfectly fitting, sheesh.  "
    Game news sites.  "
    well then im speaking to the morons on which ever sites youre talkin about. E3 is around the corner. the biggest names like killzone 3 etc will be announced there, not on gametrailers tv. SOCOM 4 is just the kind of title i was expecting. 
    GEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By GEP
    @Jeff: I am absolutley taken by surprise because MAG just came out. Its nice to see they admit single player was weak especially with the AI. Im confident zippers community features will be much better than slants.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @GEP: this means that while they worked on MAG, they probably spent a lot of time with the rest of the guys who don't particularly know a whole lot about multiplayer, design the single player for socom 4.  

and now that the mp guys have mad MAG, Zipper will deliver a socom that runs like fucking butter dude. i expect 60fps easily. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.