Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs - Confrontation

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Confrontation, the first SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs game for the PlayStation 3 delivers 32-player online multiplayer across 7 maps and 7 modes with robust community and clan support.

So Gamestop has this for $6.50 right now…

foxhound421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By foxhound421

i was interested in it at launch but the problems threw me off. but for $6.60 it can't be that bad… right? 

are there people still playing this online?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Its not bad except for the community.
    no headset? vote kicked from games.
    Don't know the essence and pure core of the game like the back of your hand? vote kicked from games.
    Don't listen to someone who has set them self up as leader? vote kicked from games.

Pretty much right now the online users are pretty long time players and will literally vote kick anyone for most any reason including being new.
    which is one reason I sold the game, I noticed online people kept kicking others for not having mics, or being new. and I played it so little I knew little and started getting kicked my self.

being able to kick users by vote is one of the stupider ideas in the video game sphere it will allways be abused and pretty much never used for a good purpose.

Atlantus_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Atlantus_Air
    @WilliamRLBaker: Only game that does vote kick right is Left 4 Dead 1 & 2.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By beargirl1
    @Atlantus_Air said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker: Only game that does vote kick right is Left 4 Dead 1 & 2. "
    not even that. the players abuse it on LIVE, but that's not surprising. i get kicked all the time even when i'm the best player out of everyone. 
    foxhound421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By foxhound421

that sucks man. if it's one thing i can't stand it's fucking elitists.

Frostler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Frostler

I saw it in the bin and couldn't pass it up, I've played a few rounds without a mic and have yet to be kicked yet. this is the first gamestop sale that actually had some great deals.

OPPORTUNlST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OPPORTUNlST

socom has always been about headsets an kiking noobs. if you dont want to get kicked joi a sorry clan and ask them to teach u to play. its a very good game an their is atleast 1 or 2 thousand ppl on at any given time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.