Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SolForge

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 04, 2013

SolForge is a Kickstarter-funded Digital Collectible Game from Stone Blade Entertainment, the designers of Ascension, and Richard Garfield, the creator of Magic: the Gathering.

Tournament patch hits, it's a game now

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

The tournament patch has finally been released on iOS and Steam. Here are a few highlights:

Tournaments

• Constructed Tournaments - Play 3 games with any deck you own, earn prizes according to performance
    • Draft Tournaments - Draft a deck of 30 cards (yours to keep!), play 3 games, earn prizes according to performance

New Cards/Update

• 24 new cards added to set
    • Numerous cards rebalanced

Alloyin

• Bulwark Bash now specifically requires you select a creature with Armor in order to be played.
    • Forcefield changed from Rare to Common.
    • Forge Guardian Alpha Attack increased to 4/8/20 (was 2/6/18).
    • Jet Pack now grants Mobility 1 at all levels.
    • Lightshield Patrol Attack changed to 4/7/15 (was 3/6/20). Health increased to 5/10/20 (was 4/9/20). Armor bonus increased to 2/3/4 (was 1/2/3).
    • Matrix Warden Attack increased to 3/8/12 (was 2/6/8). Health reduced at Level 3 to 12 (was 14).
    • Munitions Drone Health at Level 1 is now 6 (was 5).
    • Nexus Pilot Attack and Attack bonus increased at Level 1 to 3 (was 2).
    • Palladium Pulsemage has been reworked.
      • Level 1: Activate: Target creature gets -4 Attack this turn.
        • (2/7)
        • Level 2: Activate: Target creature gets -8 Attack this turn.
          • (6/11)
          • Level 3: Activate: Target creature gets -16 Attack this turn.
            • (10/21)
            • Changed from Common to Rare.
    • Steelshaper Savant now only triggers on cards from the Alloyin faction.

Nekrium

• Corpse Crawler changed from Rare to Common.
    • Cull the Weak changed from Rare to Common.
    • Darkshaper Savant now only triggers on cards from the Nekrium faction.
    • Grave Pact changed from Common to Rare.
    • Touch of Blight changed from Common to Rare.
    • Xrath, Dreadnight of Varna has been reworked.
      • Level 1: While Xrath is on the field, Zombies you control get Regenerate 2.
        • (5/6)
        • Level 2: While Xrath is on the field, Zombies you control get Regenerate 4.
          • (9/10)
          • Level 3: While Xrath is on the field, Zombies you control get Regenerate 8.
            • (14/15)
    • Zimus, the Undying creature type changed at Level 1 from Soldier to Human Soldier.

Tempys

• Ashurian Mystic changed from Rare to Common.
    • Asir’s Blessing changed from Common to Rare.
    • Disintegrate changed from Common to Rare.
    • Flameshaper Savant now only triggers on cards from the Tempys faction.
    • Glacial Colossus Attack increased to 6/10/16 (was 4/8/14).
    • Lightning Brand now grants +1/+2/+4 Attack until the end of turn to the targeted creature. The Level 1 version also now affects creatures of Level 2 or lower, while the Level 2 & 3 versions now affect any creature.
    • Nargath Bruiser Health bonus increased to 2/4/8 (was 1/3/5).
    • Primordial Surge is now known as Primordial Slam.
    • Rimehorn Charger Attack increased to 5/8/10 (was 5/7/9). Health increased to 8/11/13 (was 8/10/12).
    • Stonefist Giant Attack increased at Level 3 to 16 (was 12). Health changed to 6/13/24 (was 6/14/16).
    • Storm Caller Attack increased to 8/11/14 (was 6/9/12).
    • Water Walker Attack changed to 5/12/14 (was 5/8/26). Health changed to 2/9/11 (was 2/6/12).
    • Windcaller Shaman changed from Rare to Common.
    • Zyx, Storm Herald ability changed from Activated to “Zyx battles an additional time on your turns.” Zyx now has Mobility 1 at all levels.

Uterra

• Echowisp Level 3 no longer says “you may” put a copy into each available lane.
    • Ether Hounds Attack increased to 3/5/7 (was 2/4/6). Also, the copy is no longer limited to an adjacent space.
    • Grove Matriarch now places a 3 Attack, 3 Health Sapling into play when it dies at Level 2 and a 5 Attack, 5 Health Treefolk into play when it dies at Level 3.
    • Lifeshaper Savant now only triggers on cards from the Uterra faction.
    • Lightbringer Cleric creature type changed from Cleric to Brighttusk Cleric.
    • Swampmoss Lurker Attack increased at Level 1 to 8 (was 6). Health increased at Level 3 to 15 (was 9).

Misc.

• iPhone release
    • New daily reward for first online win
    • Sudden death in case of a draw

You can read the full patch notes here.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

Ahh, the Shaper nerf finally arrives. A lot of the rarity changes make little sense to me, though sure, Cull The Weak should be common.

And the attack/health tweaks on all the commons must make sense for draft, because nobody even uses many commons in constructed.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: The rarity changes were also with Draft in mind I believe.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Still no trading or ability to break down extras of cards, right?

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

So far I'm really happy with the update. Shaper nerf is sad of course but it makes sense - the reign of terror had to end one day. I've got 7 or 8 of the new cards and saw a couple more during matches. Some cool and creative stuff in there as well. They finally fixed the damn clock it would seem so I'm extremely satisfied with that. I definitely get the feeling I'll be playing this one for quite some time. As soon as I've got solid info on what I can do with all my excess cards I'll be more than willing to throw some bucks their way as well.

Man, I hope this'll enjoy enough success to go on for a while and get lots of expansions, such an entertaining little game. With the technical fixes in this patch this actually is undoubtedly GOTY material for me in 2013 - early access or not!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, it feels like they're being really generous with the tournament rewards. I started with 21 event tickets and, 11 draft and 5 constructed tournaments later, I still have 12 tickets left.

@bisonhero: No trading or disenchanting or crafting yet. IIRC they said that's still a ways out, but in the interim they may implement a system where players can buy specific singles directly from the store. They will only offer a few cards at a time, and they weren't clear about whether the cards that end up on the store were going to be curated or randomized.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

@starvinggamer: Yeah, just played my first draft with tickets I got from dailies. Won twice, lost once, got the 30-card deck (including at least 7-8 new cards), 3 normal booster packs and 9 new tickets. Fuck, I love this game so much. This is the beginning of a dark yet glorious path I'll walk for the forseeable future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.