Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOMA

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 22, 2015

A horror game from Frictional Games. Set at the bottom of the ocean, it explores themes of the self, humanity, the mind, and consciousness.

Just finished the game (I will not spoil anything in my original post).

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This can be a place to discuss the game for those that had finished. I won't spoil anything here, as I just wanted to say it's a game that I bought yesterday, early morning, and I read the title a few places, but didn't really know what it was, nor did I have much interest as I assumed it was PC exclusive. I just buy it after I look at a few moments of the game through the quick look, as well as read a few reviews, and now, it turns out that this is probably my favorite game of the year! More so than other great titles of the year. If not the best, definitely one of the high ones. Without really delving deep into spoilers here, though I wouldn't mind getting into discussion if someone brings details up, I just want to say, this is not a typical horror game/story, at least not to me, so if anyone expects to play a game like Frictional Games other titles, that's not this in many respects. As for the ending (again, not really spoiling it, though I will describe the feeling), it was simultaneously very depressing, as well as happy, and it does make me think. I'm very happy to have played it, and I'm also surprised the game's not full price honestly. So, the reason I am not going into detail here with my first post, is because I feel I am just not that good at doing so without some discussion already under way, since excitement, and everything else the game has going for it goes through my mind. I want to hear what you all thought/think about it first.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

Dang, no one finished it, or just aren't excited? Hm. I'm not sure if I'll go through it again, though I might. It's a game I hope others play.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

May I direct your attention over here, sir. It's not explicitly a thread for people who have finished the game, but this thread does seem a little redundant.

Also, yeah, it's a pretty good game, so far my favourite game of the year. Although, I wouldn't say it gripped me as much as similar games...

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: Aw, okay. I just thought that was a thread discussing the mini series, but that's okay. Thanks. I'll go read some stuff on there, and perhaps even watch the mini series!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.