Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic the Hedgehog

Franchise »

The Sonic series features the platforming legend and Sega's mascot, Sonic The Hedgehog, and spans countless titles both 2D and 3D featuring a variety of gameplay styles, as well as spinoff titles including racers, pinball, fighters, and even a party game.

Which of these Sonic Games is the Best?

Timmmycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Timmmycap
    Timmmycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Timmmycap

Starting Thursday, these four sonic games will go on sale and I was wondering which one I should purchase. 
    Thanks
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mwng

Purely due to nostalgia for me, 2 easily. Plus you can get someone to use the P2 controller to totally cheese bosses as Tails!

mrjared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By mrjared

You're going to want to get both Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, but I think you should also figure out if you still actually like the old Sonic games. I grew up with them, I considered Sonic 3 & Knuckles my favorite game for quite some time ... now I realize that holding right isn't exactly a thrilling experience.

There's also that pesky Spider-Man 3 time paradox theory where the crappiness of Sonic's recent games has somehow traveled back in time, thus creating an alternate time line in which all Sonic games are terrible. 

It's a pretty good sale though! :D

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By NekuCTR

Sonic &  Knuckles for me, its got the most game play and good progression IMO, just don't do the original first, do it last if at all, that is a purely nostalgic experience to me and newer gamers probably wont get the same enjoyment out of it.  

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

Sonic 2.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By CoolDrMoney

By themselves? Sonic 2.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles trumps all though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.