Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soulcalibur IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 29, 2008

The fifth installment in Namco's Soul series of weapon-based fighting games, Soulcalibur IV is the first to be released on seventh-generation consoles and the first online entry in the series. It's known for its use of Star Wars characters as guest fighters.

Anyone else find the Ranked Games Kinda Lame?

Killuminati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Killuminati

I mean some characters are just unusable against certain people. All the high level ranked players use cheap characters like Astaroth. You can't even geet close to him with a character like Talim she gets eaten alive.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By azteris

Astaroth sucks. I never see high level players use him. It's usually Siegfried.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Im rank 20 and I use custom version of yun seong in standard ranked in special ranked I just goof off because I dont care special is for noobs. I would know since I used to play there with cervantes and button mash. I only go to special versus to beat button mashers to make them want to learn their moves because that is what happend to me and every since then I have had ifinite fun.

snakepunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By snakepunk
    Azteris said:
    "Astaroth sucks. I never see high level players use him. It's usually Siegfried."
    Yea and Nightmare. Although I found Kilik to be the most annoying. Still, theres always a move that can counter that cheapness.
    Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Psytek

I don't think they are lame, although I was kinda bummed out when it matched me up against a level 53 player... ... I'm level 1.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    Psytek said:
    "I don't think they are lame, although I was kinda bummed out when it matched me up against a level 53 player... ... I'm level 1."

that is when you quit or use custom match and tell it to match you within ten ranks
    SolarboyGil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SolarboyGil

Really? i have alittle less the 100 wins and i never fought anyone above 21.

I usually have a few good matches, Before i run into some hardcore Spammers that just use Cheap Tactics (cervantes's Psycho crusher/Teleport) Repeatedly. Thankfully, Xbox live Filters those guys out once you rate them negatively.

Best way to avoid it is to play with friends.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#8  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

It is lame how higher ranked players use Astaroth and other long-ranged characters, but it's easy to see through their tactics after the first battle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.