Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spelunky

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

As a brave, but fragile adventurer, explore dangerous procedurally-generated caves to collect treasure and gain better equipment, before dying horribly and starting all over again.

Am I doomed?

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I just downloaded Spelunky and played for an hour before heading to work and it's already on my mind. Tell me friends, am I doomed to have this Spelunky curse forever?

russman588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

You're not doomed until you start seeing arrow traps, bats and spiders every time you close your eyes, even when you're not playing the game.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@russman588: I'm already seeing the arrow traps because they gave me a ill bit of hell haha. Running gets you into those problems I suppose.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@russman588: I'm already seeing the arrow traps because they gave me a ill bit of hell haha. Running gets you into those problems I suppose.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

No. All you need to do now is beat it. Once you beat the game, the curse is lifted.

Or you seal your fate and continue to carry the curse forever, I forget which one it is.

Gyrfal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I was really hoping that this topic was somebody in the middle of a Spelunky run, trapped, and asking for help. Oh well.

The answer is yes, you are doomed.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

You are doomed once you get the 'Addicted' achievement.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By musubi

Yeah pretty much. Even if you beat the game then you just start thinking about all the other stuff that you missed and then you just start doing Hell and City of Gold runs.

dotpatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By dotpatrick

Yes. There is no escape now.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This game has worked it's way into my head so much that I'm having dreams/nightmares about it, complete with its infectious music. I'm even considering buying a vita basically just for this game. I am truly doomed.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I didn't even like the game when I played it, but I enjoy watching the show Patrick is doing and it started giving me nightmares. For the last three to four nights I keep having this dream where I'm stuck in the world and I need to beat the game and get to the end or I will never get to fall asleep again. But each level just runs into the other with no breaks and for some reason I need hundreds of bombs/ropes to beat the end boss. I kept falling asleep for like 5-10 min, having this dream, waking up when I die in the dream, going back to sleep for another 5-10 min, waking up when I die in the dream, rinse and repeat all night long. Most restless nights of sleep I have had in awhile. Thankfully it seemed to have stopped as I didn't have it last night.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought I lifted the 'curse' of Spelunky addiction after beating Olmec. I thought I beat the game......

....No..... There's Hell.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.