Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Square Enix

Company »

A Japanese video game company that is best known for the development of role-playing games. It is the result of a merger between two separate video game companies, Square and Enix. Its subsidiaries include Taito and Eidos.

Kingdom Hearts Team Making Only One Console Game Entire Gen

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Sup fools, 

Long time lurker, first time poster as I eat some cake while I watch a TV documentary about obesity and McD, dunno what it's called but god damn am I hungry for some McD.  While I watched this documentary about McD, it got me thinking about the Kingdom Hearts team and their love of food and what they like to eat when they make games.  Then I realized, the KH team will only have made one game this entire generation for a proper home console. 

In the past 6 years, their only contribution to the gaming industry has been teasers after teasers with a very brief gameplay demo of less than a song's length.    

Their newest game is due out in late 2012 for Japan, so give it another 3-4 years for Kingdom Hearts III and you're looking at just one game this entire generation from the KH team.   Let's be honest here, if KH3 is due out near 2014-2015...it sure as fuck won't be for a current generation system.  

So KH fans, and gamers in general, is it wise to have all your men making a single game for over half a decade?

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By shinigami420

What the fuck does cake have to do with anything?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By laserbolts
    It seems like a pretty dumb idea. How are they going to make money. Also did you watch a special on obesity so that you could observe a fat kid?
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SSully

I think it is a horrible Idea. And I may be generalizing here but square enix seems to be taking so much damn time developing games for ps3/360. It is like they haven't got a clue yet how to efficiently develop for this gens consoles. It just seems like they have fallen very far from their hay day on PS1 and PS2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Who cares, KH is shit.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Turambar
    @KaosAngel said:
    Sup fools,  Long time lurker, first time poster as I eat some cake while I watch a TV documentary about obesity and McD, dunno what it's called but god damn am I hungry for some McD.  While I watched this documentary about McD, it got me thinking about the Kingdom Hearts team and their love of food and what they like to eat when they make games.  Then I realized, the KH team will only have made one game this entire generation for a proper home console.  In the past 6 years, their only contribution to the gaming industry has been teasers after teasers with a very brief gameplay demo of less than a song's length.     Their newest game is due out in late 2012 for Japan, so give it another 3-4 years for Kingdom Hearts III and you're looking at just one game this entire generation from the KH team.   Let's be honest here, if KH3 is due out near 2014-2015...it sure as fuck won't be for a current generation system.   So KH fans, and gamers in general, is it wise to have all your men making a single game for over half a decade?
    *Looks over at a growing list of games with that long of a development cycle*  Maybe. 

Also did the KH team have no input at all on the DS and PSP titles?
    MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MideonNViscera

I read they were doing the 3DS KD game, then doing KH3 "if time permits" or something. I have no idea where I read that, but it was recently.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Turambar BBS was the main one so that got proper treatment as it's needed for the plot.
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Axersia
    @KaosAngel said:
    Let's be honest here, if KH3 is due out near 2014-2015...it sure as fuck won't be for a current generation system.
    Wouldn't be so sure about that. Square Enix has a history of releasing high-profile titles on old hardware right before the launch of its successor if not many months after it. If they launch the PS4 in 2013-2014, I really don't see why they couldn't release KH3 for PS3 in 2014-2015. Development should proceed fairly smoothly as they now have all this tech they can lift straight from Versus XIII. If they do opt to develop it for the PS4, we probably shouldn't expect it until several years after launch. 
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MikkaQ

Eh Square's a total joke, they're probably just spending the time picking their noses, and the last year or two on another unoriginal crossover. 

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By beforet
    @shinigami420 said:
    What the fuck does cake have to do with anything?
    You're new to KaosAngel, aren't you?

From the looks of things, Square and Nomura have been handling Versus (which is what I assume you're talking about) really poorly. I don't know who's to blame, whether Square has been pulling down Nomura or if Nomura is really as incompetent as people seem to think he is, but the fact is that a six year cycle is not acceptable today. They are spreading their resources too thin over too many games. Hopefully the team, and Square as a whole, learns to pull back and focus on one project at a time. Maybe then we can get good games that also come out in reasonable time frames.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.