Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Fox 64

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Apr 27, 1997

Return to the cockpit of the Arwing fighter craft and save the Lylat system from conquest in this re-telling of the original Star Fox.

365 Games To Play Before You Die - #13: Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64)

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Edited By mracoon

365 Games To Play Before You Die

Previous 5 Games

No Caption Provided

#13: Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64)

Platform(s): Nintendo 64
    Release: 1997
    Developer(s): Nintendo
    Best Quote: I know what you're all thinking but I'm not going to use it
    GB Wiki Page

Surprisingly this is the first Nintendo game to make it on to my list but it's definitely one of my favourites. Lylat Wars (as it was called in PAL territories and what I've always referred to it as) was one of several N64 that I played with my brothers and cousins in 4-player multiplayer. Even though you had tiny space on the screen to see your character (and TVs were much smaller then) you could still clearly tell what was happening and everyone just went into their own zone. We endlessly played the Battle Royale mode over all the others as we liked each other being killed off rather then winning by any other means.

The single player was also great and not if only because of the voice acting. All the characters had voices that suited them perfectly (even if some were annoying) and all of them were delivered perfectly. I also wanted to get the highest medals in all the levels so I could unlock the extra multiplayer elements as, if you haven't realised, that was the biggest part of the game to me.

13 down 352 to go.
    mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By mracoon

365 Games To Play Before You Die

Previous 5 Games

No Caption Provided

#13: Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64)

Platform(s): Nintendo 64
    Release: 1997
    Developer(s): Nintendo
    Best Quote: I know what you're all thinking but I'm not going to use it
    GB Wiki Page

Surprisingly this is the first Nintendo game to make it on to my list but it's definitely one of my favourites. Lylat Wars (as it was called in PAL territories and what I've always referred to it as) was one of several N64 that I played with my brothers and cousins in 4-player multiplayer. Even though you had tiny space on the screen to see your character (and TVs were much smaller then) you could still clearly tell what was happening and everyone just went into their own zone. We endlessly played the Battle Royale mode over all the others as we liked each other being killed off rather then winning by any other means.

The single player was also great and not if only because of the voice acting. All the characters had voices that suited them perfectly (even if some were annoying) and all of them were delivered perfectly. I also wanted to get the highest medals in all the levels so I could unlock the extra multiplayer elements as, if you haven't realised, that was the biggest part of the game to me.

13 down 352 to go.
    Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xandurson

Man I am loving this list! Especially when they're games I've already played.

Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

Great list so far. I remember playing this game years ago, man I need to dig out my N64 again.
    Hope you have the dedication to finish all 365.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By ArcBorealis

Still have the cartdridge and my N64. I haven't gotten all the medals yet, I'm still stuck at two left. TWO LEFT.

But I love this game.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Th3_James

i played most of the old games i wanted to, i don't have time to go back and play some games i missed. but i played all those games listed so far, so i'm good

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#6  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I only played this a few times, but I loved it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#7  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I still have this game and play it whenever I pull out my N64. It's probably still the best Star Fox game.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Brunchies

I used to have this game, it was so awesome. 

MachidaX89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By MachidaX89

Loved this game.
    No matter how many times i finished it, i would always go back and play it through just one more time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.