Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

What subscription did/will you get?

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Legend
    Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Legend

I'm interested to see what subscription are you guys getting. Don't forget to mention your STO username, so we can tell who you are in-game. I already talked to quite a few people here on GB who got a lifetime/one-year sub, so I wonder how many more are there.

My username is Axxxel and I'm a lifer in case you didn't see my blog.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I don't have the dough to go on any long term plans so I'll stick to the monthly for now.. If I get a job, I'll probably upgrade. :3
    And I'm still @PhatSeeJay  >:P

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By lockwoodx

Regular month subscription. I'm still very wary of how they handled the end of beta event and also rumors they will release "must have" content patches in the form of DLC via the C-Store to keep even the lifers reaching into their wallets.

Big_Fact_Hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Big_Fact_Hunt

I haven't treated myself to anything in months, so......... LIFETIME BABY!!!

BitterScotsman

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By toowalrus

F. No subscription. The Star Trek universe has never appealed to me, and as an MMO it looks... well, kinda crappy.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By WickedCobra03

If it interests me, maybe a 1-month.  I don't know why, but I just don't get into MMO's.  I guess I just don't play enough to justify paying a monthly fee, hell, even XBL is boarderline for me at this point!

mm665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By mm665

Well they combine two things that i have no interest in - MMO and Star Trek. So i can't click on your poll.

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Phantom_Crash

If i had the extra credits,I would go for the 12month or the Lifer.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lockwoodx

I'm going to have to change mine to 12 month. Between the Intergalactic Laser Crabs being a bit hit, and the powers that be casting their feminine influence over me I've decided I'll give STO a bit more of a chance than I give most MMOs.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Legend
    @Buzzkill said:
    " I'm going to have to change mine to 12 month. Between the Intergalactic Laser Crabs being a bit hit, and the powers that be casting their feminine influence over me I've decided I'll give STO a bit more of a chance than I give most MMOs. "
    Why don't you just make it a lifetime sub. Don't let the fact that you didn't enjoy the beta end event make you pass out on this great deal. I'm sure Cryptic will make it up for you down the line. :)
    Ashwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Ashwyn

If i knew for 100% that my computer could handle the Min Specs, i would easily choose a lifetime Sub.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lockwoodx
    @Legend said:
    " @Buzzkill said:
    " I'm going to have to change mine to 12 month. Between the Intergalactic Laser Crabs being a bit hit, and the powers that be casting their feminine influence over me I've decided I'll give STO a bit more of a chance than I give most MMOs. "
    Why don't you just make it a lifetime sub. Don't let the fact that you didn't enjoy the beta end event make you pass out on this great deal. I'm sure Cryptic will make it up for you down the line. :) "
    Because I've been using computers since I was 4 and know that as time marches on so does technology. All MMORPGS eventually suffer from limitations of the engine which is why 1 year is a healthy head start to support them.... but a life time sub would be foolish.
    Spellbot5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Spellbot5000

Has to be month to month. As tempting as a discount for X amount of months is, I get terminally bored at some point with every MMO I've ever played. The most abrupt was the last time I got into WoW, I had played for something like 6 months, and then one morning I sat down at the PC, hesitated, and then said "Fuck that. Uninstall." STO will be loads of fun for a while, but based on past experience I'll probably be done with it come march or april.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JokerClown88

I pulled a Jeff.  I went Lifetime...
    Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Legend
    @Buzzkill said:
    " @Legend said:
    " @Buzzkill said:
    Why don't you just make it a lifetime sub. Don't let the fact that you didn't enjoy the beta end event make you pass out on this great deal. I'm sure Cryptic will make it up for you down the line. :) "
    Because I've been using computers since I was 4 and know that as time marches on so does technology. All MMORPGS eventually suffer from limitations of the engine which is why 1 year is a healthy head start to support them.... but a life time sub would be foolish. "
    Well, I don't think STO will hit its limit in one year. I actually predict that it will be continue to evolve beyond its first and second years. A one year subscription is $119.99. A lifetime subscription is $239.99. You'll basically be paying for two years and if the game lasts for four or even seven years (like SWG), you'll be playing that for free while congratulating yourself on your wise decision of getting the lifetime offer. Also, your account will be worth at least $100 if you want to sell it after the first year, since people who want to subscribe in the second year would rather pay $100 for a lifetime account  than pay $119.99 for one year. So you won't be losing much.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By CL60

None, because I played the beta and it wasn't very good.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I actually made up my mind about going life almost a week before Jeff made up his. :P   The first two ERs did it for me.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Legend
    @JokerClown88 said:
    " I pulled a Jeff.  I went Lifetime... "
    Pulling a Brad is defined as sucking at games. Pulling a Jeff is now defined as impulsively spending a ridiculous amount of money on gaming. All we need to do now is find definitions for pulling a Ryan and pulling a Vinny and we'll be set. Welcome to the lifetime sub club btw. :)
    JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JokerClown88
    @Legend:
    Thank you thank you.  I will be playing as a liberated Borg.  You?
    Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Legend
    @JokerClown88 said:
    " @Legend: Thank you thank you.  I will be playing as a liberated Borg.  You? "
    Yeah, me too. It's the only lifetime subscription bonus we can show off.
    DaRaxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By DaRaxor

Im thinking of the Yearly sub, namely as i dont know if i would play it for a couple of years and b ( it makes more financial sense to me than a monthly)

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nanikore

Jesus christ, what's with the terrible polls lately? WHY IS THERE NO "NONE" OPTION?!

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Legend
    @nanikore said:

" Jesus christ, what's with the terrible polls lately? WHY IS THERE NO "NONE" OPTION?! "

Because the title of this thread is "What subscription did/will you get?" not "What subscription you didn't/ will not get?"or "Are you going to subscribe or not?"
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nanikore
    @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    " Jesus christ, what's with the terrible polls lately? WHY IS THERE NO "NONE" OPTION?! "
    Because the title of this thread is "What subscription did/will you get?" not "What subscription you didn't/ will not get?". "
    It's in the unwritten codex of the poll that you include a "none" or "neither" choice in your polls. You should read it.
    Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Legend
    @nanikore said:
    " @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    Because the title of this thread is "What subscription did/will you get?" not "What subscription you didn't/ will not get?". "
    It's in the unwritten codex of the poll that you include a "none" or "neither" choice in your polls. You should read it. "
    This is not a general poll. It was posted in the STO forums for people who are interested in the game and have the intention of subscribing for at least a month.
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nanikore
    @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    " @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    It's in the unwritten codex of the poll that you include a "none" or "neither" choice in your polls. You should read it. "
    This is not a general poll. It was posted in the STO forums for people who are interested in the game and have the intention of subscribing for at least a month. "
    Now you're just discriminating against the people who don't have any interest in this game. 
    Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Legend
    @nanikore said:
    " @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    " @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    This is not a general poll. It was posted in the STO forums for people who are interested in the game and have the intention of subscribing for at least a month. "
    Now you're just discriminating against the people who don't have any interest in this game.  "
    Yeah, I don't like them very much. They should make their own thread and their own polls. I'm not making any for them.
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nanikore
    @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    " @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    " @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    Now you're just discriminating against the people who don't have any interest in this game.  "
    Yeah, I don't like them very much. They should make their own thread and their own polls. I'm not making any for them. "
    It's racists like you that are ruining this world.
    ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By ColinWright

I wish there was a lifetime sub for WoW. Would have saved me a bunch of monies. Which is why I went all the way with a lifetime sub.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Legend
    @nanikore said:
    " @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    " @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    " @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    Yeah, I don't like them very much. They should make their own thread and their own polls. I'm not making any for them. "
    It's racists like you that are ruining this world. "
    Well, in a world where your race is determined by your interest or lack of interest in a game, things are pretty much fucked up already.
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nanikore
    @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    " @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    " @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    " @Legend said:
    " @nanikore said:
    It's racists like you that are ruining this world. "
    Well, in a world where your race is determined by your interest or lack of interest in a game, things are pretty much fucked up already. "
    Indeed. The nanikorian race is taking action against this kind of racism, stopping it once and for all.
    Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Legend

I'm counting the votes now since today is the final day of the lifetime and one year offers. I might edit this later if more people vote today. So, of the 42 people who voted so far: 19 have opted for a regular subscription, 14 for lifetime, 4 for one year, two for three months and one for six months. From the comments I've been getting on my blog, I must say I wasn't expecting so many people here to get the lifetime or one-year subs tbh. I guess the Space Neon Lobsters and Intergalactic Laser Crabs will keep going strong for many months (or even years, who knows?) to come. :)

Falk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By Falk

My guess is they'll bring back the lifetime option later on, just like Lotro did. For now I'm going with a regular monthly.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Legend
    @Falk said:
    " My guess is they'll bring back the lifetime option later on, just like Lotro did. For now I'm going with a regular monthly. "
    This was not the case with Champions Online, another Cryptic-developed MMORPG, so I highly doubt it.
    Falk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By Falk
    @Legend said:
    " @Falk said:
    " My guess is they'll bring back the lifetime option later on, just like Lotro did. For now I'm going with a regular monthly. "
    This was not the case with Champions Online, another Cryptic-developed MMORPG, so I highly doubt it. "
    If I remember correctly Lotro brought it back for the 1 year anniversary. It cost a bit more than the original offer but they did bring it back. Champions was released 5 months ago so it's still a bit early for them to bring the offer back.
    Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Legend
    @Falk said:
    " @Legend said:
    " @Falk said:
    This was not the case with Champions Online, another Cryptic-developed MMORPG, so I highly doubt it. "
    If I remember correctly Lotro brought it back for the 1 year anniversary. It cost a bit more than the original offer but they did bring it back. Champions was released 5 months ago so it's still a bit early for them to bring the offer back. "
    I really hope they'll bring it back since this will give people who missed out on the current offer another chance if they want to get it next year.
    gunstarhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By gunstarhero

i got my self a life time but i also have a CO one as well name is @gunstarhero

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Legend
    @gunstarhero said:
    " i got my self a life time but i also have a CO one as well name is @gunstarhero "
    Nice! Come and join us in Space Neon Lobsters if you haven't already.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By trophyhunter

there is no MMOs are for chumps option

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Legend
    @trophyhunter said:
    "  there is no MMOs are for chumps option "

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By mike

Month to month for sure. I'm really into STO right now, but I can't say for sure I'll have the same enthusiasm for it three, six, or nine months down the road. Plus the monthly plan will allow me to take a couple of months off and come back if I feel like it...I've done that with every MMO I've ever played.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Legend
    The lifetime and 12-month offers have expired. We've got 58 votes; 27 people are getting a regular subscription, 22 got a lifetime subscription, four voted 12-month, four voted 3-month and one voted 6-month. Thanks to everyone who voted and hope to see you all in spaaaaace.
    deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deanoxd
    @Legend said:
    " @JokerClown88 said:
    " I pulled a Jeff.  I went Lifetime... "
    Pulling a Brad is defined as sucking at games. Pulling a Jeff is now defined as impulsively spending a ridiculous amount of money on gaming. All we need to do now is find definitions for pulling a Ryan and pulling a Vinny and we'll be set. Welcome to the lifetime sub club btw. :) "
    well then i have been "pulling a jeff" consistently for years :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.