Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Dec 06, 2004

With the Jedi nearly extinct, the galaxy is on the verge of falling into complete anarchy. As an exiled Jedi Knight regaining the Force, you must choose your path: help restore the Jedi Order, or embrace the dark side.

How to go about installing the game with the new content?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

As you may know, last year a group of modders managed to restore the cut content from KOTOR2 into a mod which you can install and play with the main game. I downloaded the content from the official website (  http://www.deadlystream.com ) and now I am confused. I tried to install it but the game crashes, when I go to start SWKOTOR2.exe, it just performs an error and doesn't do anything. 

So, what I'm asking is in what order should I install the game and patches and content? The readme that comes with the restored content doesn't make sense to me and I figured these forums would help a bit more. So here's what I have: 

KOTOR II game 
    Restored content 

Now what patches do I need? I know that on the site for the restored content there are 4 patches called:  
    v1.4a,  
    v1.4b,  
    v1.4c,  
    and v1.4d.  
    Which one should I download? Also, which official game patch should I get and in what order should I install them? This is the order I installed everything the first time and ended up being a waste of time: 

Game 
    Restoration mod 
    v1.4a patch for mod 
    v1.0b official patch (which failed) 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Also, I'm using Vista 32 bit.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Th3_James

I tried installing kotor and playing it awhile ago back when i had vista, and it was just too much of a hassel and i never got it working proper so i just gave up. I can't really help you, but good luck on your quest

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.