Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Concerning the long queues and our alliances...

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

Mindtrick seems to be one of the busier servers. So wouldn't it be better to select a second server to populate with our giantbomb crowd?

A server with a standard usage, so we wouldn't lose much time waiting in queues.

What say thee?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

If you leave now, help them you could; but you would destroy all for which they have fought, and suffered.

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Valames

@Dagbiker: Made all the better a quote because of your avatar. Kermit and Yoda are pretty much the same thing. >.>

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MysteriousFawx

@Jeust: Currently when I try to login (from the UK) I look at about a 45 min wait. So my 'routine' basically consists of -

Get home from work

Open TOR and leave it in queue

Get something to eat, change into casual clothes, catch up on Facebook and websites that have updated

Look back at queue, realise its now about 10 mins

End up playing Binding of Isaac for an hour before actually playing ToR

Pick char, login

Feel terrified of logging out until I need to sleep because of the queue, end up playing for 4-6 hours

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jeust

@MysteriousFawx said:

@Jeust: Currently when I try to login (from the UK) I look at about a 45 min wait. So my 'routine' basically consists of -

Get home from work

Open TOR and leave it in queue

Get something to eat, change into casual clothes, catch up on Facebook and websites that have updated

Look back at queue, realise its now about 10 mins

End up playing Binding of Isaac for an hour before actually playing ToR

Pick char, login

Feel terrified of logging out until I need to sleep because of the queue, end up playing for 4-6 hours

Yeah that is what I'm thinking. But since this is the launch and the holidays, things can quiet down quite a bit in the long run, so there probably won't be much of a problem. Still If this becomes a problem, I'm going to create a char on other server, less populated, so to use better the time, than waiting for a long time on queue (when it happens).

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By project343

@Jeust: While I would normally agree, the SWTOR/Giantbomb crossover community is not particularly large. Segmenting our guild onto two separate factions was bad enough; onto two separate servers would destroy us.

@Dagbiker: I like you a lot. Just saying.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mike

@Dagbiker said:

If you leave now, help them you could; but you would destroy all for which they have fought, and suffered.

Hah...that was brilliant.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeust

@project343 said:

@Jeust: While I would normally agree, the SWTOR/Giantbomb crossover community is not particularly large. Segmenting our guild onto two separate factions was bad enough; onto two separate servers would destroy us.

@Dagbiker: I like you a lot. Just saying.

I'm not saying sengmenting in two separate servers. I'm saying to go for another when the queue becomes long. A light server.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@Dagbiker said:

PERFECT.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I understand the pain of waiting a half hour to play with like-minded individuals, I can see where you're coming from. But the monstrous queues are a temporary thing, it was launch day today. I intend on spending a lot of time in this game over the next few months. I can handle the growing pains because I'm taking the long view on this situation. Everyone has their own priorities and far be it from me to argue yours. But know that I appreciate that Bothans (and the foul Kesslerites) are stomaching half hour queues to be a part of the community, and I hope they continue to do so.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jeust

@Brodehouse: I understand. For me, many times, I won't play more than half to one hour, so a long queue can make a big difference. And while I understand the idea behind sticking to the guns we have now, I fail to understand why we shouldn't minimize the pains that affects us all. To some half hour on a queue might not make much of a difference, but to other people it will screw with their routines.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Marz

if you don't have time for the queue, then sorry to say, just play by yourself on a less populated server, people have devoted hours into their mind trick characters, don't see them moving onto another server to level an alt.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jeust

@Marz said:

if you don't have time for the queue, then sorry to say, just play by yourself on a less populated server, people have devoted hours into their mind trick characters, don't see them moving onto another server to level an alt.

I think you should read the whole idea, before talking. I never said moving to another server. I meant and said to choose a server where we could gather when Mindtrick is full.

Oh well, to each their own. If you like it this way, be my guest.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Marz

@Jeust said:

@Marz said:

I think you should read the whole idea, before talking. I never said moving to another server. I meant and said to choose a server where we could gather when Mindtrick is full.

Oh well, to each their own. If you like it this way, be my guest.

queu won't be there forever, it will calm down in a week, just chill out till then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.