Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Is the Digital Collectors worth it?

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

I've been waiting for my friend to get the game and he's finally getting it, but he doesn't know whether to get the regular or digital collectors edition.

Are the things that are include worth the extra $20?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm interested in knowing that too, though you can buy the regular version and upgrade it for $20 later to the digital deluxe.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmasheControllers

@animathias: Really, how? I'm about to do that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SmasheControllers Head to swtor.com, log in to your account, then click Games on the right. The upgrade pack should be on the left.
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmasheControllers

@animathias: thanks!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SmasheControllers No problem. I've been mulling over upgrading for a little while now since I like the game so much. If you get it, PM me and let me know if you feel like its worth the $20.
    TwoArmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By TwoArmed

If you feel like paying $20 extra for a flare gun, a holo dancer, a thing that takes screenshots in first-person (what is even the point of this?), a dumb little training droid thing, and a mount that does not "level" with you (meaning you'll still need to buy mounts at 40 and 50 and the level 25 ones are only 8000 credits anyway), then yes it is worth it. Otherwise, they are equivalent to lame DLC for console games in my opinion.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zelyre

Its not worth it, really.

You'll save 8k credits from the free speeder. You can get 8k credits easily by slicing on an alt character.

The crystal is ok. It's ugly, gives you some stamina, but you'll replace it pretty quickly.

The rest of the trinkets? The practice droid isn't even a vanity pet. Its essentially placing a targeting marker on a mob. One that you can't see. The camera... takes screen shots... seriously.

The only thing that's remotely ok is the flare gun, and it just shoots a flare up into the sky that pops and falls down.

Oh, and free access to the VIP lounge on the Imperial Fleet. The wrist band is sold on a vendor for a million credits. I doubt anyone goes there. I didn't even realize you got the wrist band until just now.

If the 8k speeder is worth $20 to you, I'll give you 10k credits for $20. :P

And the collector's? Some of the stuff is cool. Imperial black armor, white republic armor, some new skins for the companions. That stuff should have been in the digital deluxe.

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Floppypants

All of the in-game items are completely worthless.  Don't buy them. 

@Zelyre said:

If the 8k speeder is worth $20 to you, I'll give you 10k credits for $20. :P
    He could buy me lunch and I'd not only buy his speeder, but I'd pay for his level 25 training completely.  Jimmy Johns is right around the corner and they take web orders.  I love Country Club sandwiches.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nephrahim

No.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.