Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Looking for dedicated players

matrixsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By matrixsight

Hi, I already have a Guild setup for star wars the old republic. However, due to being age 27 and having a wife (was a girl friend for about 10 years, and just got married), and having a masters degree, and owning a small business at same time, I haven't had too much time to explore making new gaming friends in RL. My old friends from high school I pretty much lost contact with them, and only keep close ties with about 4 of them, and out of the 4 only one of them have a decent computer.

Making a long story short, I know that lots of people who play mmo's either have some friends because they dorm in college (which i didn't) or they're in high school and surrounded by other like minded gamers. Unfortunately for me, this leaves me with a gap in finding dedicated gamers to play mmo's with, and even though I have met dudes from within games, most of them want to stick with WoW.

The reason i created my own guild, is because I see lots of Egotistical based flaws in them, first off, I'm not into elitism, and cannot stand how most guild leaders abuse their successful guild's benefits. I created this guild because I believe success can still be achieved without certain unwanted elements.

I basically came here (a gaming website) hoping to find some mature dudes who feel the same way, and who would like to unite with other like minded players, and if so, was wondering if they would like to start early by signing up to the Guild I created.

Info About the guild:

-The only role I will have as Guild leader is, paying ventrilo bills, and keeping the vision of the guild, which is being laid back, while effective at the same time. Officers will be solely based on voting and will not be my decision.

-Equality based/majorities rule guild, everyone's opinion will be put into a voting system via email or in game mail whichever works better, and wherever most of the members are leaning towards will be the decision. For example: If choosing what day and time to raid a boss, everyone will get to vote on best time, and a best time will be picked based on everyone and majorities needs.

-Going to be Renting Ventrilo and paying for it with my money

-Considering making a website if the guild becomes large enough

-Will be on a PvP server

-Will be Republic based

-You will never be told be be silent in guild chat, you can pretty much say wtf you want. However, the only times you will be kicked is when, once again, the majority rules against your actions, and even then, you will be warned 3 times, or be momentarily kicked from the guild. Trolling within the guild will be ALLOWED as long as it is done in the name of harmless humor "leeeroy jenkins style", however, if someone in the guild is being harrassed maliciously, that is not allowed. This guild is not about being structured disciplined soldiers, I would like to think people get enough of that at work or school. Feel free to bug out within the guild, without worry of being screamed at (when most guilds scrutinize you for acting immature, the leaders usually can get away with acting like retards themselves, that's what I call elitism)

-The only thing that will be enforced in the guild is voting. If you keep missing voting events to decide what direction the guild should go (setting up world pvp guild battles, setting up pve events, setting up cantina bar dueling events etc) than you may get kicked from the guild. It makes no sense to have someone in the guild, who never goes on any pvp raids, never pve's with guild, never does anything....AND doesn't even voice their opinion on what they think should be done......people like that will not be allowed in the guild.

AND THAT'S IT!!! so to summarize, its pretty much a democratic/liberal guild with a STRONG sense and awareness of being laid back with a moto

"have fun first, be serious later"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the type of personalities we are looking for

1. Understands the meaning "have fun first, be serious later"

2. Understands that to be successful requires being organized, and to be organized sometimes requires being at certain moments serious, however some guild leaders are waaaaaaay too serious. For example, in my old wow guild, we were doing a world pvp event, and everyone messed up in the guild, lol, and this guild leader starting raging so hard, and screaming on vent...and i was the only person to speak up to him and say, dude you need to chill the fuck out, like your acting like this is the fucking military, calm the fuck down, and pretty much i got kicked lol.... however the guild soon died out anyway because people couldn't handle the bull crap.

3. Finds the movie Borat funny, finds the movie 40 year old virgin funny, has watched the movie star wars and likes it (this is a personality test to see if you are fit for this guild)

4. Not into malicious Elitism and egotism, but friendly elitism and egotism. Meaning, you like to act cocky and stuff in a harmless funny way, but In heart really don't take yourself that serious when it comes to being better than people.

5. Must be willing to preorder the game so that the guild will be pre-made by the time the game launches (biowares policy i believe)

If you want in the guild, send me a private message with your email so i can invite you

matrixsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By matrixsight

After a day and coming back to read my own post, i can understand why this didn't get much attention.....................sad part is, i wasn't even drunk.................cheers

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Beaudacious

GiantBomb isn't really an mmo crowd, and the core group of people on here who want to play SW:TOR are probably already in guilds. SW:Tor is gonna be a popular game, so you'll find some people in game to play along side. Unless you want to be a pre-approved guild.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Zurv

3. Finds the movie Borat funny, finds the movie 40 year old virgin funny, has watched the movie star wars and likes it (this is a personality test to see if you are fit for this guild)

ah... that takes me out :P

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Skytylz

Based on the popularity of this thread, I"m guessing there won't be much of a Giant Bomb guild? That sucks, I'd be interested in this guild since I'm looking for a Republic one.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Wuddel

@matrixsight said:

After a day and coming back to read my own post, i can understand why this didn't get much attention.....................sad part is, i wasn't even drunk.................cheers

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman.

I think there will be a GB guild, with all the Batman all the time.

Nhoj_Sllew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nhoj_Sllew

fuck these people i like what you wrote!

also what are your thoughts on trolling

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.