Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

All noobs have a chance! Especially once they learn cheap moves!

generic_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By generic_ninja

So i've been playing SF4 since wensday, Ive havent won that many matches for the reason that PEOPLE HAVE LEARNED HOW TO BE CHEAP i give you an example of a player hitting you down to the ground, you trying to get back up (Fast or slow dosent matter) Only to be hit by a Hurricane and once again Rince and Repeat really.

Im on the edge of not being able to play the online because of these people, the people that i've seen that are actually good at this game do not do these things and i would like your opinnion that is it only me that is seeing this? Or do you think im a crazy person and that SF4 isnt even a bit cheap.

Or you think that their are some cheap moves in the game and that people will continue to win by being cheap.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

It's in the game, get over it. Seriously.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By crunchUK
    Jayge said:
    "It's in the game, get over it. Seriously.
    "
    QFT they're not cheating or glitching at all just using the mechanics to their advantage. In fact being good at almost any game requires you to exploit all the cheapness, the kills that take little effort to pull off.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

It does piss me off though. The multiplayer is the same as Soul Caliber IV, where half the people would pick Kilik and use the fuckin' staff to hit you from across the stage, and never give you a chance. Keep practicing though, eventually you learn stratiges to distroy the noobs like that.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By gla55jAw

Those people arn't really noobs. If you can figure out a way to win, then keep doing that. Sure it's annoying but you can figure out ways to beat their way of playing.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail
    crunchUK said:
    "Jayge said:
    "It's in the game, get over it. Seriously."
    QFT they're not cheating or glitching at all just using the mechanics to their advantage. In fact being good at almost any game requires you to exploit all the cheapness, the kills that take little effort to pull off."
    QFT is all you ever do you forum whore.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK
    Snail said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "Jayge said:
    "It's in the game, get over it. Seriously."
    QFT they're not cheating or glitching at all just using the mechanics to their advantage. In fact being good at almost any game requires you to exploit all the cheapness, the kills that take little effort to pull off."
    QFT is all you ever do you forum whore.
    "
    yeah.. something like that
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Aren't all fighting games like that online?  As soon as someone learns the cheap moves, they abuse it.  Fact of life.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kratos81

Sorry to say but if you didnt suck they couldnt do that to you.

fingofongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By fingofongo

It's all about learning how to get over these so called "cheap" moves
    That's the basis of many fighting games. You encounter something that keeps beating you, you adapt to overcome the barrier, seomthing else comes, you adapt again until you become a really good player.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Diamond

I disagree that noobs have a chance.  I was fighting a fair number of ranked rounds today and while there were a handful of good players, some players were BAD.  Doing the same move over and over, one guy was even doing a hard kick over and over and nothing else.

Even tricky stuff like Zangief's 3xK or 3xP is easily defeated if you pay attention.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zityz

Just be Dan. Problem solved.

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

If you don't like the way people play online, then don't play online, bitching about it won't stop them. Be the better player and find a way to win. This sort of thing happens on just about any type of game, it's like complaining when someone steals a kill in Halo, complaining doesn't solve anything, just learn more and play better.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By fr0br0

Shut up. Learn how to counter it or avoid it. The game is very balanced and you have a chance to avoid everything. Learn to play the game better or do the same techniques to those people and watch them get over it.

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By agent_lost
    Generic_Ninja said:
    "So i've been playing SF4 since wensday, Ive havent won that many matches for the reason that PEOPLE HAVE LEARNED HOW TO BE CHEAP i give you an example of a player hitting you down to the ground, you trying to get back up (Fast or slow dosent matter) Only to be hit by a Hurricane and once again Rince and Repeat really."
    dude, that the old trick in the book.

if you what to know your so call "cheap move" then go in the challenge mode and do all the trial
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By jakob187

There are cheap ways of winning in a Street Fighter game?

***GASP***

***GASP***

***GGGGAAAASSSSPPPP***

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

QQ more, plz.  That fixes the problem.
    bartholomew999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By bartholomew999

there are counters for almost every move.  You want to feel raped?  Try playing the CPU on hard, if you get to Seth, you have no chance...none.  Just put your controller down.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

hmmm in any fighting you just have to learn the moves and find out what defeats the cheap moves.

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By EvilDingo
    Generic_Ninja said:
    "So i've been playing SF4 since wensday, Ive havent won that many matches for the reason that PEOPLE HAVE LEARNED HOW TO BE CHEAP i give you an example of a player hitting you down to the ground, you trying to get back up (Fast or slow dosent matter) Only to be hit by a Hurricane and once again Rince and Repeat really.

Im on the edge of not being able to play the online because of these people, the people that i've seen that are actually good at this game do not do these things and i would like your opinnion that is it only me that is seeing this? Or do you think im a crazy person and that SF4 isnt even a bit cheap.

Or you think that their are some cheap moves in the game and that people will continue to win by being cheap."
    The thing is... if it works there's no real reason NOT to keep doing it. My suggestion is to be cheap right back.

Actually you should "steal" the cheap moves you personally have a hard time doing anything about - you'll most likely get matched against someone who CAN do something against it, and them you'll have a better idea how to counter it.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By BoG

The best players are the ones who use the biggest variety of cheap moves, and most effectively avoid and counter the cheap moves of others. Of course, i don't think anything is cheap in these games unless it is a cheat or exploit. If you have the finger still to throw a barrage of fireballs, and your opponent either doesn't or can't jump/block to counter, then you win. If you are playing as Gouken, that's cheap, however.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By kashif1
    TooWalrus said:
    "It does piss me off though. The multiplayer is the same as Soul Caliber IV, where half the people would pick Kilik and use the fuckin' staff to hit you from across the stage, and never give you a chance. Keep practicing though, eventually you learn stratiges to distroy the noobs like that.
    "
    I tried going online at a friends house in sc (dont have the game) and beat 5 killiks in a row with taki after only 20 minutes with sc4 (i have sc2 and am good at that).  On another subject what is cheepness.  i am always called cheep because i love fast character and if i do anything fast with them i am called a cheep noob.  I consider myself skilled.  where does skill end and cheepness begin
    ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

theres no such thing as cheap in street fighter. only seth is cheap and thats only when the cpu controls him.

whatever you consider cheap is someone pressing the advantage. everything they do can be countered by you. you have to know your character, know how your character matches up against other characters, and know what you need to do to win.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Alex_Murphy
    Generic_Ninja said:
    "a player hitting you down to the ground, you trying to get back up Only to be hit by a Hurricane and once again Rince and Repeat really."
    Well, you can either try to beat them to the punch and uppercut them the second you regain control, or block it and they'll be wide open. That's why it's not always great idea to stand right next to someone on the ground, because you're risking just as much as you're attempting to gain.
    footnmouthtard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By footnmouthtard

The cheap versus non-cheap code of conduct applies to every game. In Cod4 a low level character will use the grenade launcher, then as they level up will find more suitable and respectable means of earning points.

The same is said in this game, I am definitely a noob I have not played a SF since super Nintendo at my neighbors house.

As a player who is unskilled, there is no way i can defeat a player who is skilled in a "fair" match so i have to do whatever i can to win. As i get better at the game i don't want to use cheap moves to win,(or lose for that matter) and as was prior said the community will evolve and so will there respective skill levels.

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KindGalaxy

There are no cheap moves in Street Fighter. Pussy.

iGaboru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#27  Edited By iGaboru

There are no cheap moves, just learn the basic mechanics of the game and learn your matchups.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Manachild

This guy obviously has not heard of "the wakeup game" and what can be done with it. If you learn about what you can do and what you have at your disposal you can expose and demolish players who use nothing but cheap tricks and have no real skill.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sickVisionz
    My issue is that the ease of avoiding these thing isn't anywhere near equal to the ease of pulling them off.

Abel and Zangief can trap you in attacks that do like 30% of your health bar before you can even stand up.  When you play the CPU, they might do this like 3 times in a row.  Its not a 3D fighter so you can't roll out of it.  I'm sure there is some split second thing that require like 4 button commands and has a 1/6 a second window to pull it off, but thats hella difficult compared to what the other person has to do in order to be successful.
    fingofongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By fingofongo
    Manachild said:
    "This guy obviously has not heard of "the wakeup game" and what can be done with it. If you learn about what you can do and what you have at your disposal you can expose and demolish players who use nothing but cheap tricks and have no real skill."

Whoever wrote that page needs to stop saying 'meaty'
    Fiziks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fiziks

Wake up SRK. Done.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32  Edited By jakob187

There are far too many Street Fighter IV threads going around...

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Babble

It's not cheap if it's in the game. Sorry.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince

There are no cheap moves...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.