Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Flushes vs. Seattle: Embarrassing Video Edition!

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Flushes

Stang's stone-faced doubt of their existence caused me to light a fire under hunting these down and getting them up. Having said that, please take the following rules into consideration: 

• No making fun of my dumb hair.
    • Ditto for how skinny I am.
    • Whiffed ultras are for dramatic effect, bro.
    • I totally got scraped by that Abel player on purpose. 
    • I stole the sway in the second video from Juicebox Abel.

These are still uploading, so I'll add a couple more soon. The crowd at the main casual station (three times the size of the tournament room crowd) was making me sweat through my shirt and miss all types of shit that I thought I had on lockdown back home and generally spaz out from time to time. Landing some gimmick on a guy and then hearing people behind you whisper about it is bad fucking ass, though.

Next up is me versus a shitty Honda who, again, almost beats me because I am nervous like a little girlie-man. My thought process in action: "He probably has a charge for that jab headbutt, maybe I shouldn't jump in... fuck it.

And now for the unfortunate finale. It's kind of ironic that the match I knew the least in the game turned out to be Abel. The footage of this loss is what lead me to develop my current anti-Abel strategy: get my shit off first. Abel has a hell of a time getting out of his own mixups and trickery, especially if you have no idea how, like myself. This guy was pretty clearly 1-2 months ahead of me, and I ended up drinking/talking Abel with him at the gameworks later that night; definitely a stand-up dude. Also, watch out for the hilarious wheel kick slam somewhere in there. 

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Stang

I will openly admit I am wrong, for that I apologize. Guess me calling you out was the push you needed!

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Baillie

Hey man, your Abel is lame. Stang's Ken will and probably has destroyed you. Can't compete with me though. :(

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Stang
    @Baillie: Haha, his Abel is legit. Our matches apparently were not though. I give the guy my respect, although I am a bit meh still.

And yeah, nobody can compete with you!
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stang

Is that Gouken retarded? What the hell was he thinking throwing that plasma in round 2? Wow.

edit

and round 4! MORON.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By PureRok

That Gouken was like a little bunny rabbit.

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Flushes

Yeah, I jumped on those retarded fullscreen fireballs like a starving man on a thirty ounce steak. If you listen very, very closely, you can literally hear my mind say "Come on man, throw it. You know you want to." God, playing in front of people is scary. In retrospect, I didn't know the Gouken matchup, but I can't really use that as an excuse because I still kind of don't. That guy is a rarity.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SpecialBuddy

WHAT IS THIS?? GEN NOT UNLOCKED?? Good thing I didn't go.

Also dont worry about it. Im that skinny to. Just with shorter hair.

One more thing: HA! That Gouken plays on a pad.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Stang

Get that shit! Shut the fuck up fat guy.

That Honda deserved an ass whooping...just look at the kids hat.

edit

nice tick command grabs. You were destroying him with em.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PureRok
    @Stang said:
    " Get that shit! Shut the fuck up fat guy.  That Honda deserved an ass whooping...just look at the kids hat. "
    That wasn't a hat, he was totally being raped by a headcrab.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stang
    @PureRok: Ha! That actually made my grumpy ass laugh!
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StaticFalconar

You know your opponents are also human beings that probably felt the same way as you .

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Flushes
    @StaticFalconar: They are the enemy! No quarter! If you draw arms against me, you are the same as they are! Seriously though, yeah, that Honda player especially looked at least as shaky as me. There was one Sagat in pools who had a three-man entourage with him; he seemed like the only really confident guy there (maybe a local, not travelling might make it less harrowing). I kept out-guessing him in mixups and styling all over his whiffed uppercuts, though. My Irish ancestry gives me an edge any time I have to roll the bones, for reals.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By napalm

Damn. Those matches were good to watch.  

@Stang said:

" @Baillie: Haha, his Abel is legit. Our matches apparently were not though. I give the guy my respect, although I am a bit meh still.  And yeah, nobody can compete with you! "
    You fuckers didn't believe me! He had to show you video proof of me being whooped for 11 rounds before you guys admitted that!

*murmurs to self*
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stang

Eww, a mirror match. I can relate, I lose to atrocious Ken's all the time (that guy was pretty good though). You kind of expect to know the match up, but like you said, it often ends up being your worst.

edit

@Napalm

Except I didn't lose....

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By turbomonkey138

Woa that place is freaking loud

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " Eww, a mirror match. I can relate, I lose to atrocious Ken's all the time (that guy was pretty good though). You kind of expect to know the match up, but like you said, it often ends up being your worst.  edit  @Napalm  Except I didn't lose.... "
    That's 'cause you mash SRKs on wakeup. :p
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PureRok

I think mirror matches are usually the most annoying for most people. I know a Cammy v. Cammy match is annoying as all hell for me. It becomes a huge game of turtling, just waiting for the other Cammy to move so you can beat 'em up for it.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By lordofultima

Was there like a peace treaty going on in the crowd, no loudness at all except for that random dude playing. Good play though, Abel...fuck that guy.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Plasma

Nice, it took balls to enter a tourney.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @lordofultima said:
    " Was there like a peace treaty going on in the crowd, no loudness at all except for that random dude playing. Good play though, Abel...fuck that guy. "
    I agree, where was the hype and the yelling
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Stang
    @Jeffsekai: I wasn't there, nothing to get hype about!
    Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Flushes

There appeared to be certain players that had crowds following them. The Abel guy I played had a small following, and there was one guy that had a team northwest shirt on who I think was in the Evo 5vs5 exhibition; that guy also had a crowd. As you can probably imagine, I am not a noteworthy player. Like I said, the main casual station in console freeplay had the big crowd (about 75-100 people). They didn't allow spectators for pools since there were so many players, so the room started to empty out when people started getting eliminated. That was the point where I got my buddy to come in and start recording.

Jake_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jake_K

Which day of Pax was this? I really wish I could have gone, but I simply didn't have the money. Good matches though, funny how the character you know in and out turns out to be the characters you don't know how to fight. 

How did you end up doing as far as placement in concerned?

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AniMoney

Your Abel seems really solid man, but you did get worked in that mirror match. Gotta just hold up when he's jabbing, you know that TT is coming.

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Flushes
    @AniMoney: Haha, trying to jump out is what killed me. Holding up lets every single hit of the poke string hit you, and doesn't get you out unless he goes for the throw. If he sees that all you're doing is holding up and getting hit by jabs then he obviously isn't going to throw you, he's probably going to smack you with stand fierce or something else that does crazy damage/stun. Of course, most characters can mash an invincible move hard enough to get out eventually; Abel has EX tornado and EX roll, both of which are less mash-friendly and more of a dice roll. It's always a tough situation to escape, which is why you want to get the other guy caught in yours first. 

@Jake_K: I ended up getting 14th. The Abel guy in the video that beat me tied for 3rd, and a Sagat player I didn't encounter won it.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SpecialBuddy

You know what you should do. Play Gen and ex wall dive out of that mixup. Thats what I do. Also backdash is the shit.

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Flushes
    @SpecialBuddy: You and your effing wallaport.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Plasma
    @SpecialBuddy: Is there an ultra or anything that can punish a walldive? EX or otherwise. 
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Plasma: The most ive been punished is a throw if i land after i do the kick. If im still in the air i get srk'd sometimes but until someone punishes me with an ultra I dont know. Also most of the time I do ex wall dive to get out of a situation because it's invincible till i hit the wall. So in the case of Abel ill just ex wall dive to the opposite side of the screen and do the instant drop which just make me land on the ground which is completely safe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.