Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Hate to say it but.. sf4 kinda sucks.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kratos81

First off I have been a sf2 fan since it was in arcades. On the ps3 version the supermoves, specials what ever you want to call them do not register all the time. I can do a hadoken/shoryuken on command everytime, the double hadoken to do the special never works when I need it to. It always does a shoryken, I pretty much have to button mash to get it to work. I have even practiced it in practice mode, same thing. Another thing the computer is so fucking cheap I want to smash my controller in to the tv. I never had the special move problem with sf3 alpha.

Im sure I will get lots of I suck and quit crying, but I really think this is a problem. Overall not very impressed with sf4. Havent tried it yet but Im sure the online lags just like ssf2hd.
    Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Alex_Murphy

And you have the Ps3 version? I would have thought that would control pretty good. I got the 360 version and except for some of the ultra moves where you have to charge back then press forward back forward, It's playing pretty good. I may get a stick eventually but for now the pad is doing alright for me.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By DJ_Lae

Is it a controller issue? I know the Dual Shock 3 gets a lot of praise, but I can never understand why as the buttons and dpad aren't nearly as reliable as they were on the Dual Shock 2.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kratos81
    DJ_Lae said:
    "Is it a controller issue? I know the Dual Shock 3 gets a lot of praise, but I can never understand why as the buttons and dpad aren't nearly as reliable as they were on the Dual Shock 2."
    I dont know what it is, I have a dualshock 3 and the regular sixaxis. It controls fine except the super moves, I can do them but never exactly when I want to, and that what counts.
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By fr0br0

I think you will get the hang of it soon. Or maybe you are just having an off day. I know every now and then, in SF2, I can't pull off shit for the strangest reasons, but once I give it a rest and go at it another time, I can do it with ease.

SoulEdgeSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By SoulEdgeSlayer
    Kratos81 said:
    "DJ_Lae said:
    "Is it a controller issue? I know the Dual Shock 3 gets a lot of praise, but I can never understand why as the buttons and dpad aren't nearly as reliable as they were on the Dual Shock 2."
    I dont know what it is, I have a dualshock 3 and the regular sixaxis. It controls fine except the super moves, I can do them but never exactly when I want to, and that what counts.
    "
    Believe it or not, this used to happen to me on my PS2 version of Marvel vs Capcom 2.  I would always pull off Ryu's uppercut instead of the special.

Guess what fixed it?  Actually thinking about the motions that I am doing.  When I started really paying attention, I realized that I was going just a little too fast, and wasn't actually hitting the second "down". 

Sorry to say it, but it is most likely your skills.  It also has to do with how the d-pad is set up on the Playstation controllers, but it is very easily remedied. 
    NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By NateDogg
    Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Cheapoz
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Systech

I love Street Fighter IV so your opinion is woefully incorrect.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By animateria

Odd... I'm executing everything almost perfectly (minus the occasional kkk or ppp).

Then again I'm using a HRAP3 so maybe it helps. I find the execution easier than HD Remix or 3S so I don't think its the game's issue.

As for AI... nothing that hard on normal... besides the last boss anyways... I hate last bosses.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kratos81

I think its funny how some of you just assume I suck. Ive been playing online for the last 3hrs and have won 90% of the matches. My psn is superman5518 if some of you want to test the skills. Online is way more fun then sp, as the computer is so cheap!

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

There are minute differences between some of the characters special moves and super moves.

Just spend some more time in training until you can nail it down.

All I had to do with Ryu was change the timing a little bit to do the super move.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Oni

I bet half the people in this thread are making baseless assumptions!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK
    Oni said:
    "I bet half the people in this thread are making baseless assumptions!
    "
    i love assumptions!!!
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Red

I actually do find the d-pad fairly inaccurate. Let's say I put two fingers on the two horizontal buttons, you'll probably see me crouch and jump. It's not ideal at all, nor are the analog sticks. Kinda why I probably won't buy SF4.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Shadow

Once you go Marvel VS Capcom, you don't go back.  MAKE A 3RD GAME ALREADY

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By toowalrus
    Kratos81 said:
    "I think its funny how some of you just assume I suck. Ive been playing online for the last 3hrs and have won 90% of the matches.

If Street Fighter IV sucks, why have you been playing online for three hours straight? Worm your way out of that one.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Karmum
    Oni said:
    "I bet half the people in this thread are making baseless assumptions!
    "
    I bet half of the people in this topic are negatively rating him because they are butthurt morons.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kratos81

Ok Im a dumbass. I couldnt do the supermoves because I was trying to do them before the gauges were all the way filled up like sf alpha 3. Anyway almost have all the characters unlocked just need 3 more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.