Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

How do i perform a charge move?

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By roofy

i've been trying forever to learn how to perform Charge moves with random success.

i assumed that if it showed the back arrow and "charge" written over it that i was suppose to hold back.

i know that im not explaining this very well but if someone could post how to do it i would be estatic

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jothel

yeah i'm having more trouble with these than i probably should have, i think it maybe more the timing with the next button combination after the charge? i remember being able to sonic boom a crapload aaaaaaaaaages back but now i cant do it consistently at all now =/

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By roofy

the problem that im having is that i do it every once in a while and have no real idea how i did it.

i just think that its not really a common sense thing and that it needs to be explained

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BoG

If you're using a standard controller, I always have a difficult time pulling it off that way too. You just need to practice the timing for release and button input.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By AndrewJD

For any horizontal charge move hold back for a couple of seconds, then quickly press forward (or forward-down for some) at the same time as whatever button is required. For vertical ones it's the same just go from down to up. Practice in training mode a bit and you should get the timing right In no time :)

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail

Isn't there a thread for stuff like this already?

You should post there not create a new thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.