Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

How not to play Guile ..

• 70 results
    squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By squirtle_squad

several peope have told me that blanka is a weaker form of guile, if he seems to much trouble try blanka out a bit.  
    im starting to like guile i hated him before when all anybody online did was turtle with him. 
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By lordofultima
    @Scooper said:
    " @defaulttag said:
    "or sonic boom (cancel) ->super-> ultra? with practice, those actually work lol. sounds impossible"
    That is impossible. You can't land an ultra after a flashkick/sonic boom canceled to super. You can combo an super into an ultra if the super was done on it's own or canceled from a normal move.  Anyways, good video. We can play some if you like. I can help teach you a few things. Just put the time limit on infinite and mess about. "
    You've never canceled flash kick to super? That's one of guiles only dope combos.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @defaulttag said:
    "or sonic boom (cancel) ->super-> ultra? with practice, those actually work lol. sounds impossible"
    That is impossible. You can't land an ultra after a flashkick/sonic boom canceled to super. You can combo an super into an ultra if the super was done on it's own or canceled from a normal move.  Anyways, good video. We can play some if you like. I can help teach you a few things. Just put the time limit on infinite and mess about. "
    You've never canceled flash kick to super? That's one of guiles only dope combos. "
    Of course I have. It's easy to tack onto a FK and is a great way to finish.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By AniMoney

I was just playing, and I went in training mode for a bit with guile and while his links are stupid difficult, the timing for his focus to super to ultra wasn't that hard. It's still an awkward motion because I never play him but the timing didn't seem that strict. I'm sure with some practice I could do it consistently.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By lordofultima
    @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @defaulttag said:
    You've never canceled flash kick to super? That's one of guiles only dope combos. "
    Of course I have. It's easy to tack onto a FK and is a great way to finish. "
    My fault, misread statement. BUT YOU'VE NEVER DONE FLASHKICK TO SUPER TO ULTRA THAT IS HIS BEST COMBO?!!!! Just kiddin', that thing sucks.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @defaulttag said:
    My fault, misread statement. BUT YOU'VE NEVER DONE FLASHKICK TO SUPER TO ULTRA THAT IS HIS BEST COMBO?!!!! Just kiddin', that thing sucks. "
    I know right. The Ultra does like 50 damage and is super risky and if it misses which it does 90% of the time then you're wide open to whatever the enemy can think up. It's akin to Sagat's EX Tiger Uppercut to Ultra. Not worth risking as there are far easier and safer ways to land it.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @defaulttag said:
    My fault, misread statement. BUT YOU'VE NEVER DONE FLASHKICK TO SUPER TO ULTRA THAT IS HIS BEST COMBO?!!!! Just kiddin', that thing sucks. "
    I know right. The Ultra does like 50 damage and is super risky and if it misses which it does 90% of the time then you're wide open to whatever the enemy can think up. It's akin to Sagat's EX Tiger Uppercut to Ultra. Not worth risking as there are far easier and safer ways to land it. "
    Guile's ultra kinda sucks tbh its really easy to block if you can read what the Guile's player doing . I only really get scrub kens who jump in all the time ...
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Scooper
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @defaulttag said:
    I know right. The Ultra does like 50 damage and is super risky and if it misses which it does 90% of the time then you're wide open to whatever the enemy can think up. It's akin to Sagat's EX Tiger Uppercut to Ultra. Not worth risking as there are far easier and safer ways to land it. "
    Guile's ultra kinda sucks tbh its really easy to block if you can read what the Guile's player doing . I only really get scrub kens who jump in all the time ... "
    It's a shame Guile's Sonic Hurricane in SSFIV is a charge because I would fucking love to be able to flashkick FADC Ultra with Guile. It would make him a beast.
    copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By copycatzen
    @DirrtyNinja said:
    "Reminds me of the dark days - trying to do all the hard trials. "

LOL, i guess you didnt get them all
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " I wish I had a British accent. You just sound smarter then me :\  Im going to make a Guile video as a form of payback. Take that. "
    No, you are not.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm: I wasn't, but I am now. I think Guile will be my new experiment.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " @Napalm: I wasn't, but I am now. I think Guile will be my new experiment. "
    Well, I DID always say you should try a charge character. Even though you play partly with a hyperactive style, that's also a patient part that's inherent with charge characters.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm: Yeah, I already my know my Guile will be nothing like yours. You exhibit patience, I will play Guile like I play all other characters....as if they were Ken! Once my new digi comes in I will proceed to embarrass myself for the world to see.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Scooper
    @Stang said:
    " @Napalm: Yeah, I already my know my Guile will be nothing like yours. You exhibit patience, I will play Guile like I play all other characters....as if they were Ken! Once my new digi comes in I will proceed to embarrass myself for the world to see. "
    Jab Sonic booms and crouch Fierce. That's pretty much Guile in a nutshell.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " @Napalm: Yeah, I already my know my Guile will be nothing like yours. You exhibit patience, I will play Guile like I play all other characters....as if they were Ken! Once my new digi comes in I will proceed to embarrass myself for the world to see. "
    I'm not that patient. I tend to rush in a lot, cross up, etc. I mean, I'll hang back if I need to, or if I'm getting wrecked because I'm impatient I'll hang back and start zoning. I really don't like the prototypical Guile player, and I hate almost all other Guile players. Fucking turtles piss me off.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By lordofultima
    @Napalm said:
    " @Stang said:
    I'm not that patient. I tend to rush in a lot, cross up, etc. I mean, I'll hang back if I need to, or if I'm getting wrecked because I'm impatient I'll hang back and start zoning. I really don't like the prototypical Guile player, and I hate almost all other Guile players. Fucking turtles piss me off. "
    *throws blanket over massive turtle shell sitting in the corner of room* Yeah fuck those turtles!
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By napalm
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @Stang said:
    I'm not that patient. I tend to rush in a lot, cross up, etc. I mean, I'll hang back if I need to, or if I'm getting wrecked because I'm impatient I'll hang back and start zoning. I really don't like the prototypical Guile player, and I hate almost all other Guile players. Fucking turtles piss me off. "
    *throws blanket over massive turtle shell sitting in the corner of room* Yeah fuck those turtles! "
    I just hate excessive turtling. I rarely do it.
    Scarabus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Scarabus

I love it when I face people who do nothing but focus attack combos and then I can personally show them why they are doing it wrong.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @defaulttag said:
    Damn damage scaling
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By napalm
    @turbomonkey138 said:

" @lordofultima said:

" @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @defaulttag said:
    Damn damage scaling "
    I did something crazy awhile ago when I was fighting JohnnyDigital. I threw out his Double Somersault and he blocked it, and I knew I was going to land on the opposite side of him, so I started charging, what would then be downback and the second I landed, I input the Ultra command, and I ended up hitting with an Ultra on the other side the second I landed. Real crazy stuff. The timing on that is super tight. I'm not sure I could do it again. Not to mention, it's totally not practical.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.