Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

PS3 Online Broken?

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By MAST

I just got the game through Gamefly, and popped it in to try it out. The main thing i was wanting to experience is the online aspect of it. So i get on, and look for someone to play against. But when i do searches (quick play or custom) it only ever brings up 2-3 other players to fight against, and they always have a terrible latency. Like 2-3 bars at most.

I thought a ton of people had this game? Why isn't a huge list of games showing up for me? I have a really, really good internet connection, and all my ports are opened up and forwarded. So i don't want to hear anything about that... What's the deal? Why do only 2 game rooms show up when i search for a game?

If online in Street Fighter IV is just as bad as SSBB, then there is really no point in a person buying it...

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By dsplayer1010

I'm having the same problems with the 360 version

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

Same, I've only seen 2 people with 4 Bars and the rest are usually 3 (on 360).  But the weird thing is that the 3 bar connection seems perfect.

fingofongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By fingofongo

I think you only see a few people because the search engine tries to act as quick as possible? Like the process of someone making a game, finding 1 person to join, then starting the match only takes a few seconds, so by the time a lobby appears on your screen and you try to join it, it's probably already full.

edit: also, I've had matches against 2 bar opponents and they've been lag free. I've also had matches against 3 bar opponents that have been choppy at parts so it might not always be bad

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CenturionCajun

I've had the most luck finding opponents by creating my own match or setting it so that someone can join while I'm playing in Arcade mode. In the evening you won't actually be able to start the first Arcade match before someone pops in.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Demilich

Same here bro. And in the very rare event that I find someone with decent ping he kicks my ass. In the even rarer event that I begin to beat him he just disconnects as I'm winning.

bagmanforhire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By bagmanforhire

im not having that problem at all on both systems, i get pretty good speeds and i use the arcade jump in thingy to fight most of my matches it seems faster that way then look for them in the quick match mode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.