Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Question about Balrog combo

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jeffsekai

I've been messing around with Balrog and I noticed that doing cr.lp x2 --> cr.mp xx headbutt does more dmg than cr.lp x2 --> cr.lk xx headbutt so I am wondering why so many Balrog players do the last method more than the first..in fact I don't think I've ever seen the first one used =\ Mabey it has somthing to do with the Ultra after the headbutt or something ? idk I cant juggle the whole thing yet so thats not my concern right now.  

Thanks.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " I've been messing around with Balrog and I noticed that doing cr.lp x2 --> cr.mp xx headbutt does more dmg than cr.lp x2 --> cr.lk xx headbutt so I am wondering so many Balrog players do the last method more than the first..in fact I dont think I've ever seen the first one used =\ Mabey it has somthing to do with the Ultra after the headbutt or somthing ? idk I cant juggle the whole thing yet so thats not my conern right now.    Thanks. "
    No hype?

I don't play SF, but maybe cr.mp doesn't always hit? Kicks tend to reach longer distances.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

My guess is better execution rate during a battle.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Stang

jab to short is a much easier link, that is why. You have sooo much leniency when doing jab jab short. 

And just hold roundhouse after the first hit for the juggle, there isn't anything special you have to do besides that.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Stang said:
    " jab to short is a much easier link, that is why. You have sooo much leniency when doing jab jab short.   And just hold roundhouse after the first hit for the juggle, there isn't anything special you have to do besides that. "
    Thats basically it, In fact the last tourny I went to, the rog players didn't even do a lk but just three cr. lp link into a headbuttt. I guess that the safest way to go since you that one finger hitting the button in rhythm already
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By lordofultima

It's much harder. Basically it. A lot of people do easy links since they're for hit-confirming, not styling combos for damage increase.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SpecialBuddy

I say everyone should just start playing Geif. That way no one has to worry about combos. Ever.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @SpecialBuddy: Gief actually has some combos, but they are the same old boring lp galore into a special move that for geif its only backhand.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " @SpecialBuddy: Gief actually has some combos, but they are the same old boring lp galore into a special move that for geif its only backhand. "
    Well then T. Hawk. I haven't seen too many combos from him yet.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @SpecialBuddy: we will when we actually get to play them.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lordofultima
    @SpecialBuddy: No way, I'm maining Adon when that game comes out for sure. 

bahah. Yeah right.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jeffsekai

Well right now I cant get his cr.lp x2 --> cr.lk xx headbutt down. The headbutt never comes out =\ 
    But when I do it with cr.mp xx headbutt it comes out everytime much easier. So idn.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Plasma
    @Jeffsekai said:

" Well right now I cant get his cr.lp x2 --> cr.lk xx headbutt down. The headbutt never comes out =\  But when I do it with cr.mp xx headbutt it comes out everytime much easier. So idn. "

Your canceling the cr.lp's, or canceling into the cr.lk, you cannot combo into a special move if you cancel normals.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Plasma:  how do I go about stopping that/ noticing when I am doing it? I assume slowing down?
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Plasma
    @Jeffsekai:  Yeah you gotta link em, waiting till the animation is finished before you do the next move. That particular link has massive room for error. 
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Stang

Like Plasma said, you need to link them. Right now you are chaining them, meaning your timing is off and you will not be able to cancel the last move into the headbutt. This use to happen to me when I do my crouching short-crouching jab-crouching jab xx fierce srk. As long as you link the crouching short you will be able to head butt, just work on your timing a bit and it will become second nature.

newmarcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By newmarcom

I like to think of Queen's We Will Rock You whenever I pull off that combo. It helped me learn the rhythm.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lordofultima

Yeah just use visual cues for combos, don't hit the next punch until Balrog's arm has retracted to normal position.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.