Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Suikoden II

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 17, 1998

Suikoden II is set three years after the events of Suikoden and tells the story of how young friends Riou and Jowy become caught up in the conflict between the Highland Empire and the City States of Jowston. Can you recruit all 108 Stars of Destiny and unite a nation?

Is there any reason this isn't on PSN yet?

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vrikk

The first one is, and this game is insanely expensive to grab as a legit copy.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By AuthenticM

Nope. No good reason at all. I guess Konami is not interested in easy money.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By StarvingGamer

Yeah, it sucks, one of the few PSOne games I'd fork up money for on PSN.

Write your letters!

delsaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By delsaber

The only reasons I can possibly imagine would be licensing or royalties.

That said, we don't know how much Sony charges publishers for PSN listings. It's possible that Konami, in all their infinite wisdom, doesn't see the upside to it if that figure is too high. Especially if not enough people bought the original Suikoden when it went up on PSN.

...probably still more likely that we'll get Suikoden II eventually than any of the PS2 sequels.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I bet Konami can't find the fucking master copy. You can't just grab a consumer disc and dump it, you have to make sure it's the master.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By probablytuna

On a slightly related note, I want to know why Final Fantasy V isn't compatible with Vita and yet VI, VII, VIII and IX are all fine! I've been dying to play V on the Vita so I can continue my marathon and right now I'm stuck playing it on my shitty PSP screen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.