Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

Indie Game: The Movie, and the fan art that changed my life.

• 168 results
    Throat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Throat

Wow, awesome dude.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#152  Edited By retrovirus

Excellent read, glad to hear this happened to you! I'm just about to watch the movie myself, and I'll keep it in mind.

duderbattalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By duderbattalion

Dang son, you write really well :)

I guess I might know part of what you might have felt, losing someone you cared so much about. I live in Toronto, and I basically got to this city on my own because I had promised someone I would make it to her when I was 16 (I was 23 when I finally got here), only to find she was with someone else. It was hard with no friends here, but I found my way out. And hell, videogames were a big part of my recovery.

Coincidentally, I am building a couple of games as well. I have been programming since I was in my nappies, so if you ever need a programmer to help you out, gimme a shout ! Maybe we can collaborate on something. I think your art rocks !

Keep being awesome. GLHB.

superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By superpow

@aurahack: I don't know what else to say but holy crap. That is an amazing story. I'm still looking forward to seeing you at Otakuthon this year. I hadn't realized it was you since you changed your avatar, I think. I'm really looking forward to some FEZ artwork now.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#155  Edited By aurahack

@MightyDuck: They are some of the absolute kindest people I have unfortunately never met.

@RedEyesBlueBunny: Thank you! c:

@Oni: Thank you. :'D I couldn't be any luckier after all of this.

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: You should! It is most certainly worth it. And thank you. :)

@RecSpec: They are going quite super. c:

@Throat: Thanks, man. :)

@RetroVirus: Thank you! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. c:

@DuderBattalion: I try my best. In all fairness, I must have revised the thing, like, three times. I really wanted to make sure it was legible considering how long it is. D: And thank you. :) I most certainly know the feeling, and it's great you and I both found our way. I'll have to keep you in mind for programming, too! I think we are fine, but your proximity to myself (and, to some extent, our programmer) helps should we need it later on. :o

@superpow: Make sure you give a shout out! Look out for this poster. It's what I will be selling there, along with a ton of other game-related stuffs. :)

Lozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#156  Edited By Lozz

Great read. Saw your art in the movie and thought it was fucking sick. Keep drawing!

Spam101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#157  Edited By Spam101

cool story, your inspiration inspires me. I'm guessing that was your first long term gf. It gets way easier to deal with the following times.

that thing you pointed out about Edmund at the end of the movie, about inspiring others to create things because of their work. that's exactly how i've always felt about music.

Shame my band sucks.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#158  Edited By danielkempster

I'm not sure how I missed this when you posted it, but I just want to echo the sentiments of the other posters - this is far and away one of the best blog posts I've ever read on Giant Bomb. Genuinely heart-warming, inspiring stuff, and beautifully written too. I'm really glad things have improved for you, aura, and I hope they continue to go from strength to strength in the coming months and years.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#159  Edited By Genkkaku

Absolutely inspiring blog! I'm glad I read this before watching the movie, just when the art comes up I have this extra knowledge of what that moment meant was amazing

Avatar image for thirtiethtwelve
    Pathos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#160  Edited By Pathos

Great post, great artwork (both your fan art and concept work) mate! Keep it up! ;)

warja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By warja

Hey mate,

Seeing that art in the movie made me smile too, so cool :) Even nicer to know that it had such a positive effect on you. Good work man :)

Jason

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#162  Edited By Nate

I laughed, I cried, I . . . didn't really cry, just got a little teary eyed. Thanks for sharing all this, aurahack. You are an inpiration, and your art is great!!

hankrazorbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By hankrazorbeard

You draw very similarly to hiimdaisy, aurahack. Not in the fanart but in some of your original stuff I felt like he could have drawn it.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By GunslingerPanda

This was a cool story. I watched the movie and Ed McMillen is just about the only one who comes out of it in a positive light, so that's cool.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Jrinswand
    @GunslingerPanda said:

This was a cool story. I watched the movie and Ed McMillen is just about the only one who comes out of it in a positive light, so that's cool.

Edmund McMillen is a boss in that movie (and just in general). I knew I liked him from the first time I saw him wearing a Sunn O))) t-shirt.

Also, @aurahack, I just saw the movie for the first time the other day. It was awesome seeing your artwork in it after knowing the story behind it from this thread.
    SpicyRichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By SpicyRichter

Ahh... to be young and actually give a shit

I remember back in the day when a selfish person could wreck an entire year for me.

The cynicism to avoid that unfortunately only develops with age

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#167  Edited By aurahack

@Lozz: Thank you, and I will!

@Spam101: It wasn't, but it was the first relationship that I truly felt like I was going to stick out for the long run. I've been in similarly lengthy relationships, but none that ever meant as much. Maybe that's an argument that it was my first serious relationship--either way, it did what it did and I grew from it. And hey man, garbage or not, that shit is practice. You oughta see my early art. Fuccccccccccccccccck such horrible stuff.

@dankempster: Thank you. c: It really means a lot to hear it from the community here. Like, a lot.

@Genkkaku: I'm glad I was able to aid your movie-watching experience. :]

@Pathos: Thank you! :D

@warja: Thank you. c:

@Nate: Thank you. :'D That means a lot to hear. c:

@hankrazorbeard: I had to Google who that was. D: Thrilled to see I am compared to the artist who did those amazing P4 comics. Thank you. :'D

@GunslingerPanda: It certainly felt like he was a little conflict-less compared to the rest of the cast, but I think they all come out in a relatively positive light. At least, in their own way. Dark stuff, but a feel-good movie all around when closing.

@Jrinswand: Thank you. :'D And yes, he is fucking awesome. He has such a wonderful attitude and sense of humor. He's one of the few who truly inspire me. c:

@SpicyRichter: I have cynicism for a lot of things, but I wish to keep it out of the things that make me feel absolute happiness--like a relationship. I'd rather have a different, better outlook on it than a spiteful one. Certainly won't stop me for being cynical with everything else, though. It is of popular opinion with my friends that I just hate everything, haha.

Also oh my god, you are all so wonderful. <3 The thread is at over 5,6K views. That's 5,598 more than I ever imagined. ;-; Thank you to everyone.

I also apologise for constantly changing my avatar. D:

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#168  Edited By RafaelMei

This was a truly amazing read, congratulations duder!

NicksCorner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By NicksCorner

This was a great read. Such a cool fortunate string of events. I wish you the best with new life and career.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#170  Edited By Hunter5024

Just watched the movie for the first time, after already knowing about this post, and that made that moment so much cooler.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.