Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

My Madcatz Fightstick TE S buttons stopped working :(

GideonAmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GideonAmos

So yeah, bought this Madcatz Fightstick TE S today for like half the price because it was the last one in stock at the store. Pretty excited about it, since I've been wanting to get an arcade stick to play some fighting games like SSF4 and MvC2. Got home, plugged it in my xbox slim and the first thing I found out is that the face buttons does not work! Sure, the joystick and all other buttons like the guide button and the start and back button works fine, but the a, b, x, y, rb, lb, lt, rt buttons just doesn't give any input.  

The weird thing is, after searching for some possible solution on google the buttons on the stick suddenly works! Okay so, I thought problem solved and went to play some MvC2. Then in midst of a game the buttons stopped working again and are still not working as of this moment.  

So i'm kinda wondering, what the hell is wrong with my fightstick? Are there any of you who have experienced this kind of problem?  

newmarcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By newmarcom

It sounds like a loose wire. Take off the top panel and check that the quick disconnects are on properly. If that all checks out, try swapping the quick disconnects with the different button to see if the button is faulty. And if button are clear, then you may have a faulty control board.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By scarace360

time to buy a new one.

GideonAmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GideonAmos
    @newmarcom: Alright, opened up the top panel and made sure that they are on properly. Seems to have helped, pretty much crossing my finger now. Anyways, thanks! 

EDIT: Alas, the action buttons worked for a good while, then crapped out again. Did some pushing and tugging the connectors wires, but it's not helping at all :/
    newmarcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By newmarcom
    @GideonAmos said:
    " @newmarcom: Alright, opened up the top panel and made sure that they are on properly. Seems to have helped, pretty much crossing my finger now. Anyways, thanks!  EDIT: Alas, the action buttons worked for a good while, then crapped out again. Did some pushing and tugging the connectors wires, but it's not helping at all :/ "
    Try pulling off the quick disconnect wires and switch it with button that you know will work. Also try plugging your stick to a PC and see if the buttons work there.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Get it replaced under warranty.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gosukiller
    @GideonAmos:
    @GetEveryone said:
    " Get it replaced under warranty. "
    And by that he means beat the shit out of it.
    Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Ace829
    @GetEveryone said:
    " Get it replaced under warranty. "
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gosukiller: Indee'.
    ljgpliskin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By ljgpliskin92

Warranty is boring, mod that shit!! Buy new buttons!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.