Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Yun = the death of AE?

• 115 results
    Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Bravestar
    @lilbigsupermario: I replied to a similiar post from you before. Yun is pretty much safe on every move. Not only is he safe, but on some moves he is actually on frame advantage. No other character in the whole game has that. Block a SRK and you can punish it. Block a lunge punch and he can do whatever he wants.
    Whatever poke he has can combo into his medium punch, which combos into whatever he wants. A proper Yun combo can take away 1/3 of your life and at the end he can juggle into his ultra or super. And he's pretty much always safe on block. He has an advantage on every other character with that. Ain't so bad, right?
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Yeah most online Yuns are still pretty bad, so unless you play in tournaments, he shouldn't be unbeatable to you.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By chrissedoff
    @OwnlyUzinWonHan: there are a lot of good yuns online. i mean, you don't have to be that great to win with yun anyway, in most cases.
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bravestar:  lol!  you really hate Yun that much huh?  lol just kidding bro.  i'm just saying that it still takes skill to make Yun deadly, but i do agree he has a lot of advantages against other characters.  although i guess i haven't fought a lot of Yuns lately online so i really can't say much.  i guess why i'm saying that he can't be that bad because every since SFIV vanilla came out, there has always been someone in the roster that is overpowered and after a while, people just found ways to overcome the disadvantage.  so for me, i think after a couple of weeks, maybe people will be able to find ways to get around Yun. :)
    ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By ricetopher
    No Caption Provided
    Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Bravestar
    @lilbigsupermario: I'm not that optimistic. Japan hasn't found a way after half a year. And when I played against a tournament player last week I experienced the power of Yun first hand. Only managed to get a very few wins, because of Juri's counter.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ricetopher: That picture is amazing.
    thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By thatpinguino  Moderator

Luckily most yuns still haven't figured out how to safely apply pressure.  Until that happens yun is fine. 

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By BoG

I haven't played the update yet, but this won't stop me. A lack of balance has never stopped me from playing an entry in one of my favorite fighting franchises. Heck, I used to go to SSBM tournaments, and I still love MVC2. I predict that, online and in the local tourney scene, the most popular characters will still be who they've always been. Additionally, I do not play at a high enough level that the balance will have a huge impact on the outcome of my matches. 
    Oh, and Chun Li 4 LYFE!
    Avatar image for deactivated-61f31c6da0e7f
    deactivated-61f31c6da0e7f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I am an avid SF player, but I do not see why people think yun is so overpowered.  Think about it, his defense isn't spectacular (unlike pre-patch sentinel) and all of his attacks basically require long combos to do any real damage.  yes he is a very good character, but this isn't the type of situation that will break the game on the competitive scene in the least.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By thatpinguino  Moderator
    @BatOtaku13: His defense isn't great, but most characters with his sort of offensive tools have no defense, look at Makoto, Rufus, and Dudley for example, each of them need EX meter to have any kind of invincible reversal at all.  Also most of Yun's damage is from long combos but they are chain and target combos, not the really difficult links.  It is the combination of his high damage output with his very safe pressure tools that make him so game breaking.  He isn't so broken that he is the only viable character but he is the easiest character to be really good with.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By demontium

@lordofultima said:

He's a lot better than Vanilla Sagat IMO, but I don't think that's bad personally.

No No no. They are not comparable. I just think people forgot how deadly one uppercut from sagat could be. It did a shit load, on top of the fact that an FADC gave you a full ultra after F.RH. His fireballs were just ridiculous and his st.RH was insane. Yun has a lot of safe pressure, but he definitely needs to be played differently than a normal matchup. If the solution to beat Yun is to anti-air with a normal such has st.LP rather than your normal one, than I'd say that's less game-breaking than one uppercut interrupting your block string that leads to nearly 650 damage.

AE is SOOO much more balanced than vanilla. AE is young, give people a chance to really learn Yun IMO.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By demontium

@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:

Yeah most online Yuns are still pretty bad, so unless you play in tournaments, he shouldn't be unbeatable to you.

http://www.justin.tv/offcast/b/290670260

Skip to 31:45

Yun online, Yun offline, annoying both ways. Also way to get my name wrong. (I now see that I broke real hard once I heard this guy had a fucking documentary made about him, either way, I just need to get this matchup down and not be so predictable with rog).

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#114  Edited By AndrewJD
    @demontium: Bad luck with the name, they tried pretty much every pronunciation and when they finally got there it was still spelt wrong :(

I thought you played pretty solid, don't play rog myself anymore so don't know what the matchup is like but I'm guessing it's bad (like most characters).
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By demontium

@mubress said:

@demontium: Bad luck with the name, they tried pretty much every pronunciation and when they finally got there it was still spelt wrong :( I thought you played pretty solid, don't play rog myself anymore so don't know what the matchup is like but I'm guessing it's bad (like most characters).

I'd say it's 5.5 to 4.5 in yun's favor. I know that I became to predictable on every knockdown, he was just mauling me with reversal dkicks. Also, there were some great oppurtunities to turtle and i missed them. Overall tournament jitters got to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
    deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demontium: I'm a Rog player as well and the match can be annoying but to deal with the dive kick pressure practice cr.mp on reaction because it can beat dive kick clean. Also non EX headbutt loses to mk divekick since it crosses up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.