Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sweet Fuse: At Your Side

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

An otome visual novel starring Saki Inafune who defends her uncle's new theme park from the dastardly Count Hogstein. Developed with the help of Keiji Inafune, it features a fictionalized version of him and his niece.

Be Keiji Inafune's niece, solve hostage crisis, find love

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jewunit

Out of the wild blue yonder, Aksys Games has decided to pick up Bakudan Handan for localization. The new name is Sweet Fuse: By Your Side.

No Caption Provided

As noted in the topic title, you play as the niece of Keiji Inafune, the ex-Capcom employee known for his work on the early Mega Man games. Mr. Inafune is the owner of a theme park in this game. Things take a turn for the worse when Count Hogstein takes a number of the park's staff hostage. It is up to Inafune's niece and a cavalcade of eligible bachelors to save the day.

A picture of Keiji Infune, theme park owner, as he appears in the game
    A picture of Keiji Infune, theme park owner, as he appears in the game

So yeah, this game is a visual novel/otome with some puzzle elements and some choice-making components. It also features fourteen potential endings and art from Tatsuro Iwamoto, the art director for the Phoenix Wright games. I have never really had an interest in otome games, the premise for this one is so off-the-wall that I have become instantly enamored with it. Sweet Fuse is set to release this summer for the PSP via physical media and the PSN download service. You can read the game announcement on the Aksys site or check out the English and Japanese sites for the game.

Oh heck, here is the opening theme for the Japanese version of the game too:

I really am excited about this game. I purchased a PSP not too long ago and it's nice to see unique games still coming out for the platform. Aksys in particular has been very supportive of the platform over the past two years. They seem to be one of the only companies still putting out games for this mostly-dead system. What do y'all think of the game and the decision to localize it?

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So it's the greatest thing ever then?

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds like a Jeff Gerstmann fever dream and I love it.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, man! This game sounds and looks brilliant, Inafune should be a theme park owner in real life.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So this game is out today. Anyone want to be the first guinea pig?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Thought this was about saving Capcom.

Mayu_Zane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Mayu_Zane

This seems interesting. Will definitely get it if I get the chance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.