Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Syndicate

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Syndicate is a reinvention of the 1993 game by Bullfrog. Developed at Starbreeze Studios, the game puts players in the shoes of Miles Kilo, one of the cybernetically-enhanced Agents who wages war against enemy mega-corporations on behalf of EuroCorp, his sponsor syndicate.

Anyone have any abrupt freezing/lag/Connectivity issues?

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By hbkdx12

Tried co-op for the first time yesterday. Had a 5 hour session or so and the first hour or two went smoothly. Had tons of fun.

Then suddenly i started experiencing some abrupt 5 second freezes. I'm talkin real "1 mississippi...2 mississippi..." 5 seconds. I first noticed it when i would get in game notifications like when i would get a blueprint or had research completed or finished/failed a mission and the text would come up it would happen. Then i noticed it would happen when the save icon in the upper right would come up as well

Then, i noticed it after i finished a game and would be changing my loadouts/apps in the menus and it would save. I'm not even in a game so why would it be doing that?

Then oddly enough, i noticed it happens when i started getting trophies (even the popping of the actual notification would freeze/lag) which started to worry me a bit and feel like maybe it had something to do with my ps3 considering trophies popping is more of a "system thing" as oppose to a "game thing"

I've restarted the game, my ps3 and my modem and these things still persisted

Anyone experience this? With all these things present i'd be playing a game that would freeze anywhere from 4-8 times a game. Playin on ps3

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Nope. Pefect on PC.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says

Yeah I get random freezes but only in the co-op. One time I spent 2 hours trying to get past the 3 heavy dudes in Mozambique and when we finally made it (this is on expert btw) the game launched me outside the map and froze.....

never wanted to play syndicate again....but I did....because that game is fucking awesome!

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

The only issues I've had were, one freeze, one of the gun textures started to artifact or got replaced with a different texture until the next load, and once I had super bright bloom. The only lag issues I've had came from trying to join games at a harder difficulty and only getting European hosts.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#5  Edited By Mnemoidian

@WilltheMagicAsian: How do you see if someone is (or isn't) European? I've seen no such indicator?

Either way, being European, I've not really had any issues with lag, and I've been pretty much unable to see where anyone is from.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

@Mnemoidian: Accents, or just check the location on their gamertag. The game works decently good at high ping, since it's mostly client side. You can just notice it taking a full second to register your shots or delayed kills. Although for the really laggy games I've had the game bug out on my end. Invisible hard drive/tissue samples, one guy running with his arm straight up instead of holding the tissue sample. Stuff like that.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#7  Edited By Mnemoidian

@WilltheMagicAsian: Gotcha. Just checking - didn't want to imply that you were misreading the "Western Europe" map as the location ;)

Not a lof of mic-use on PC, so harder to see on PC, I guess.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hbkdx12

It seems like the specific problems i have are limited to some ps3 users. 

I played with some randoms yesterday who were experiencing the same thing. 

There's nothing worse than taking on two heavys, having someone chiprip one as i'm in front of the other one and as the blueprint notification comes up it lags for 5 seconds and then i get control i'm suddenly on the floor because i was getting shot the whole time. 

It's a shame because i get the feeling EA doesn't really give a shit enough to want to fix it

And it sucks because the game is genuinely fun.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

I keep getting a hard lock up in the single player campaign where you fight the first heavy armored guy carrying a minigun. It's happened three times so far and is really frustrating. Haven't had much trouble with the co-op. Hope they address the freezes in a patch.

Edit: I play this on the 360.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Wuddel

I get a bunch of crashes and half of my games are laggy (PC).

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SomeJerk

EA's QA departments are the worst and you guys imho should complain about how many things they missed in this and many other recent EA games, or nothing will happen. Seriously.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By lead_farmer

I'm getting the same 5 second hitches whenever the game is saving (tokens earned, completed research) but not just during the missions. I'll mark something as read in the infobank and the game will save, then freeze for a few seconds. Kinda weird because it wasn't happening when I first started playing the co-op. Any idea if this is going to be addressed?

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hbkdx12
    @lead_farmer said:

I'm getting the same 5 second hitches whenever the game is saving (tokens earned, completed research) but not just during the missions. I'll mark something as read in the infobank and the game will save, then freeze for a few seconds. Kinda weird because it wasn't happening when I first started playing the co-op. Any idea if this is going to be addressed?

It doesn't seem like they plan to address it but leaving your syndicate does greatly relieve the problem if it's something you're willing to do

I left my syndicate and i no longer get the freezes. The only time there's lag is when the host or someone else gets the 5 second freeze in which case on my screen it just looks like everyone is frozen (enemies included) but i'm still free to move around. 

It still sucks when it happens but it's way better then my screen freezing and me regaining control just to wind needing a reboot because as it turns out i was just taking tons of bullets to the face for those 5 seconds
    kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By kmg90

I can confirm that I too have freezing on save issues in co-op this started since I joined the GB PSN Syndicate, I refuse to abandon the syndicate for the 3-5 second freeze during co-op

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.