Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Syndicate

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Syndicate is a reinvention of the 1993 game by Bullfrog. Developed at Starbreeze Studios, the game puts players in the shoes of Miles Kilo, one of the cybernetically-enhanced Agents who wages war against enemy mega-corporations on behalf of EuroCorp, his sponsor syndicate.

No more demo?

p1zzaparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By p1zzaparty

Hey duders. I downloaded the demo for Syndicate on XBL a few weeks ago. My co op buddy has been sick and hasn't been able to play online with me until tonight.

We booted up the demo and both of us are getting errors trying to connect to the servers. A quick google isn't showing much except a few others with the same problem. The demo isn't even on the dashboard anymore. I'm assuming they took it down because the actual game is out now? Is there really no way for us to play the demo for Syndicate?

Thanks!

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Drizzle

I was looking for the demo as well the other day after reading jeff's review. I'm curious as to why they took it down

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Wemibelle

Nowadays, many companies will pull online demos of any kind before the release of the product. I have often wondered why it is they do this. I don't really see how a single level demo with limited features can really be seen as a deterrent to buying the actual game.

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Sander

Yeah I finally got a little excited to play this and now I can't. I guess EA doesn't want to overwhelm their network any more than they have to. 
    $60 saved.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @The_Drizzle said:

I was looking for the demo as well the other day after reading jeff's review. I'm curious as to why they took it down

Same here, such a shame!
    ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShaggE

I wish they'd stop doing that. Sometimes I have no intention of purchasing a game, either because I own the PC version, or I just don't like it enough to buy it, but the demo is entertaining enough for me to revisit it on occasion (see the Far Cry MP demo, or the L4D2 demo).

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

I was looking for it as well. It appears to have taken an arrow to the kn *gets shot by unseen assassin*

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By VisariLoyalist

I had a similar experience except I managed to download it but could not actually get it to connect. Then the actual game arrived in the mail. I'm enjoying it a lot so far you duders should get it and we can shoot things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.