Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

B.M.O.C.

zanshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Edited By zanshin

Well I once again was distracted by a Team Fortress event - Australian Christmas 2011. They had a 'contest' similar to the one in summer where you can win prizes by getting achievements in various games. Only in this case the prizes were pretty much just coupons and coal (7 pieces of coal could be crafted into something, most likely another coupon). Later it was revealed that there were also hats that could be given for getting some of those achievements. I played every game I could that was free, with the one exception of Toki Tori, which I got for free as a prize for getting an achievement in some other game. Still, all I ended up getting was a lot of coupons, most of which I have no use for what so ever. I did get a copy of every game Valve developed in 2011 as well as a copy of Half Life Episode 1, but I already have that, so it hasn't done me much good.

What I was really after was the B.M.O.C. (The Big Man of Christmas) hat, which is a Santa hat. It seem like that should have been one of the first Christmas hats ever released, but they waited until this year, and they made it extremely difficult to obtain.

zanshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By zanshin

Well I once again was distracted by a Team Fortress event - Australian Christmas 2011. They had a 'contest' similar to the one in summer where you can win prizes by getting achievements in various games. Only in this case the prizes were pretty much just coupons and coal (7 pieces of coal could be crafted into something, most likely another coupon). Later it was revealed that there were also hats that could be given for getting some of those achievements. I played every game I could that was free, with the one exception of Toki Tori, which I got for free as a prize for getting an achievement in some other game. Still, all I ended up getting was a lot of coupons, most of which I have no use for what so ever. I did get a copy of every game Valve developed in 2011 as well as a copy of Half Life Episode 1, but I already have that, so it hasn't done me much good.

What I was really after was the B.M.O.C. (The Big Man of Christmas) hat, which is a Santa hat. It seem like that should have been one of the first Christmas hats ever released, but they waited until this year, and they made it extremely difficult to obtain.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

I didn't see anything during the Christmas event that said unlocking achievements would result in hats. I think you may have been misinformed.

At this point in time, the B.M.O.C. is selling for 6-7 keys (or approximately 17 refined metal) in the trading community so your best bet might be to try to win it in a raffle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.