Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Constant crashes

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

So reinstalled the game recently to see how much things had changed but I keep getting crashes to desktop. Never had anything like this happen with any other game and my rig is reasonanly beefy, running the game nearly maxed out minus (at 4xMSAA) at 1920x1080 and keeping a steady 60FPS. Tried turning off my AV as that was clashing earlier and kept prompting me if I wanted to give permission to Steam's overlay and such but I still had another crash. Verifying integrity of game cache now but was wondering if anyone knew of anything else I should try?

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By D_W

How/when is it crashing? Is as soon as you open it, it minimizes itself? I've been having that happen, but you can usually just click on it and it'll just pop back up.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vitor

@IntramanDW: Mid game. Often when it switches to the kill cam but usually random - then I get the stuttering sound issue all Source games give me when I change graphical settings (except those don't cause crashes to desktop).

Also find it weird how the exe is listed as hl.exe and not TF2 or anything similar when I have to bring up taskmanager.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ajamafalous

@Vitor said:

Also find it weird how the exe is listed as hl.exe and not TF2 or anything similar when I have to bring up taskmanager.

All Source games are listed as hl2.exe (or similar) when viewing the process.

As for your crashing problem, no idea. Maybe check out the Steam forums?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.