Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

How much are Vintage weapons worth?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So I have heard about people paying a lot of money for vintage hats, but how about weapons? I have like a ton extras, what do I do with them?

Thanks.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @NekuSakuraba said:

So I have heard about people paying a lot of money for vintage hats, but how about weapons? I have like a ton extras, what do I do with them?

Thanks.

They have nothing special about them. They are just weapons before a certain update.  

More or less just craft them. Someone might want them more in a trade but not likely really. 
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

Thanks.

They have nothing special about them. They are just weapons before a certain update. More or less just craft them. Someone might want them more in a trade but not likely really.

So why do people pay nearly $100 - $200 for vintage hats?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @NekuSakuraba said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

Thanks.

They have nothing special about them. They are just weapons before a certain update. More or less just craft them. Someone might want them more in a trade but not likely really.

Cause people are fucking stupid.  

And no you wont be able to sell any vintage weapons for that kinda money if any at all. 
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

Thanks.

Cause people are fucking stupid.

Hahaha, that made me laugh, thanks. xD

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By coakroach

100 Brad Bucks

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Most vintage weapons are worth maybe a scrap or two, there are some that are worth more but those were very time limited and you had to craft them almost as soon as they came out.

And no one has ever paid $200 for a vintage hat, that would be fucking stupid.

if you know someone that did that punch them in the teeth and tell them how fucking stupid they are.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By tim_the_corsair

People might pay a chunk of cash for an Unusual Hat (as dumb as that is), or one of the rare promotional hats (earbuds, Max's Severed Head), but it is fairly rare and somewhat desperate.

Vintage Weapons might be worth something with all the new players, but probably a scrap at most

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Tim_the_Corsair
    People might pay a chunk of cash for an Unusual Hat (as dumb as that is), or one of the rare promotional hats (earbuds, Max's Severed Head), but it is fairly rare and somewhat desperate.

Vintage Weapons might be worth something with all the new players, but probably a scrap at most
    Hmm.. Maybe it was unusual hats the person paid for... How do you get them?
    Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tim_the_corsair
    @NekuSakuraba Using keys to unlock crates, there is a minuscule chance of getting one though (hence the value, rarity + cash to buy keys). The type of hat and the unusual effect on it (there are several) also play a major role.

I actually just got an Unusal Le Party Phantom for the Spy two nights ago (my first after unlocking maybe 20 crates), which I love so damn much, especially as I've wanted the Le Party for ages and I main Spy.
    MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By MayorFeedback

Most of the stuff people go way out of their way to find are items you could only get from pre-ordering other games and that sort of thing. Anything "Vintage" is easy to find or make, or cheap to buy. It's the stuff you can't buy or find anymore that's valuable in that economy.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By ItBeStefYo

2scrap to 1 reclaimed.
     Everyone in this thread have been useless

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By valrog
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

They have nothing special about them. They are just weapons before a certain update.   More or less just craft them. Someone might want them more in a trade but not likely really. 

This. It's ridiculous that people demand more in trade just because it's Vintage... Other than blue text and that one string (Although that Vintage Vintage item is pretty funny), there's nothing else that could be said about them.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By YoungFrey
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @NekuSakuraba said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

Thanks.

Cause people are fucking stupid.   And no you wont be able to sell any vintage weapons for that kinda money if any at all. 

While I think $100 would be super crazy to pay for Vintage items, I think the term "stupid" misses out on the fascinating nuance to how people so frequently and reliably fail to think and act logically.  Jamie Madigan writes a great column where he talks about this kind of thing, and this exact topic
    TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TotalEklypse

As someone who had every V hat in game.. well actually every hat in game...and 4 unusuals.. alls I can say is stay away from the hat trade shit lol.. just trade for things you need.
    I ended up selling the whole collection to a brit guy for 2000$ though so I can't complain. Not bad for a few weeks of trading and about 50 bucks in keys.  
    I loved the game but when the whole trading thing hit I got sucked into it and sadly it ended up taking some of the fun outa it for me.  Consider yourself warned.

Vintage items have no real difference other than the blue text. You may be able to trade them up for things you really want to collectors. There are a few specific Vintage weapons that are worth more than others though to the hardcore collector. Such as Vintage Crit o Cola. I did a lot of trading so the best thing i can tell you is stay out of the trade servers. If you aren't fully up on the worth of things they will strip you of anything of value.  happy hunting though it really was a great game. 

Ah here for the hell of it so you don't think i am talking out of my ass. I should go back on this site and pull up when i had ALL of them. This was after I started selling some for cash lol.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By dbz1995
    @TotalEklypse said:
    As someone who had every V hat in game.. well actually every hat in game...and 4 unusuals.. alls I can say is stay away from the hat trade shit lol.. just trade for things you need.
    I ended up selling the whole collection to a brit guy for 2000$ though so I can't complain. Not bad for a few weeks of trading and about 50 bucks in keys.  
    I loved the game but when the whole trading thing hit I got sucked into it and sadly it ended up taking some of the fun outa it for me.  Consider yourself warned.

Vintage items have no real difference other than the blue text. You may be able to trade them up for things you really want to collectors. There are a few specific Vintage weapons that are worth more than others though to the hardcore collector. Such as Vintage Crit o Cola. I did a lot of trading so the best thing i can tell you is stay out of the trade servers. If you aren't fully up on the worth of things they will strip you of anything of value.  happy hunting though it really was a great game. 

Ah here for the hell of it so you don't think i am talking out of my ass. I should go back on this site and pull up when i had ALL of them. This was after I started selling some for cash lol.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    I'm your best friend. Do you understand?
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Also, how much is that Soldier medal worth? I think it's called Gentle Manns or something like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.