Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Shooters, TF2 and chasing the dragon

BobTheFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BobTheFork

Why the hell haven't I been playing this already!?!?

I've been complaining lately about how I'm like a junkie that just can't get his shooter fix. Nothing was getting the job done, not Uncharted, bot Bioshock 2, and not ever Socom. Good games, but I felt like I wasn't gettng the experience I kept looking for. Well, I swear last night I caught the fucking dragon!! I didn't need vehicles or leveling or boosts or perks, just good shooting action with good mechanics that keep it fresh. Loot and items and equpment sets are such a great way to add the variety need to play the game for a long time without it being a clustersprunt of variables that aren't balanced right. I didn't even need to upgrade my laptop, just go. I bought ~$3 worth of small stuff to get started. I'm already looking on steam of other fun games that run on minimal hardware. Do you have any clue how happy I was when I found the blackbox rocket launcher?  I'ts not ever that great but its good and fun and it changes how you play.  I did much better the next round by getting all that health back.  Valve is damned smart.

Maybe I'm just getting games with noobs but it's just so much fun to constantly see people grabbing loot and achievement all the time. I also love how hard the game tries to make you feel good. I was SOOOO close to my damage record on that life lol
    I'll be tonight, but I don't have anyone on my steam friends list so please add my sorry butt and shoot me in the face like you've always wanted to. ID: BobTheFork.
    BobTheFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BobTheFork

Why the hell haven't I been playing this already!?!?

I've been complaining lately about how I'm like a junkie that just can't get his shooter fix. Nothing was getting the job done, not Uncharted, bot Bioshock 2, and not ever Socom. Good games, but I felt like I wasn't gettng the experience I kept looking for. Well, I swear last night I caught the fucking dragon!! I didn't need vehicles or leveling or boosts or perks, just good shooting action with good mechanics that keep it fresh. Loot and items and equpment sets are such a great way to add the variety need to play the game for a long time without it being a clustersprunt of variables that aren't balanced right. I didn't even need to upgrade my laptop, just go. I bought ~$3 worth of small stuff to get started. I'm already looking on steam of other fun games that run on minimal hardware. Do you have any clue how happy I was when I found the blackbox rocket launcher?  I'ts not ever that great but its good and fun and it changes how you play.  I did much better the next round by getting all that health back.  Valve is damned smart.

Maybe I'm just getting games with noobs but it's just so much fun to constantly see people grabbing loot and achievement all the time. I also love how hard the game tries to make you feel good. I was SOOOO close to my damage record on that life lol
    I'll be tonight, but I don't have anyone on my steam friends list so please add my sorry butt and shoot me in the face like you've always wanted to. ID: BobTheFork.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By mfpantst
    @BobTheFork: Well- it has been fun having more people to play with, but i'm kinda waiting until you all work out how to play before TF2 gets fun again.
    BobTheFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BobTheFork

I think many players are in that boat.  I haven't played TF since everyone had agrapping hook and grenade (I found myself pressing 'g' a bunch) 

At least they have the sense to try and help the players as much as possible.  Tutorials, coaching and all the stat information are agreat way to improve.  It's not difficult to figure out how to play on the more simple game modes and maps, I think people just need to understand how their weapons can be used as tools and not just for damage. 

It's a really helpful community also.  In my first match I had a guy follwoing me yelling out what direcion to turn because he knew I didn't know.  He guided my to the CP and we took it! 

I think it will iron out in the next few weeks and all the noobs will step up.  What teh f2p does mean is that the game could see a constant small drip of new players for years to come. 
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By imsh_pl

I love how the game maintains the constant feel of progression by rewarding you with achievements and items and still manages to maintain the balance pretty well.

preacher5571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By preacher5571

I agree, plus the influx of new players gives me the opportunity to improve my underdeveloped spy skills.   

Remember, if you're a pyro, be a pyro....set EVERYONE on fire (except me, seriously I'm not a spy.  Could you turn around for a sec?  Thanks.)

BobTheFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BobTheFork
    @imsh_pl
    I agree.  Something I thought was really funny was how the information I got changed over the night.  First they kept telling NEW record, NEW record.  After a few rounds it told me to be happy I tied the record and by the end of the night it was about being close to those records.  Honestly, with all that information I was expecting it to start telling me - "On the bright side - the player dominating you had to use 7 extra bullets to kill you"  I think they could get creative with it 
    "On the bright side - tomorrow is another day!"
    "On the bright side - morgage rates are still as low as 4.35%!" 
    Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Glad you're enjoying it. It's the only game that has managed to keep me consistently interested for the entire time it has been out.

Plus all the new players have led to a glorious orgy of murder for Spies like myself!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.