Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

This is why Team Fortress 2 Pubs aren't fun for Comp Players

WildFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Edited By WildFire

Keep in mind I haven't played for close too three weeks, not much to do in the Team Fortress 2 scene at the moment, regardless this was my second match in three weeks and I think I did decent, server was full, I joined, demolished them, left when it was emptying out so I didn't kill the server.

Score was without Sound, No Communication with my Medic and I didn't relay any information too my team, I know I'm horrible but what can you do when your $1.97 Microphone is broken and you want to listen to music after work?

Now in addition to that, I know one of my friends, who I might add is decent but isn't as skillful as myself was in TheVille servers and was banned within 30 minutes, I was awaiting mine but it never came, perhaps they've learned to accept skill now.

No Caption Provided

PS: Was a 32 slot server, full, changed maps, stayed full, I was "owning" (Actually had 6 captures, let my medic cap it a few times) people left, so I left as I got bored.
    PPS: Full-Size image
    WildFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By WildFire

Keep in mind I haven't played for close too three weeks, not much to do in the Team Fortress 2 scene at the moment, regardless this was my second match in three weeks and I think I did decent, server was full, I joined, demolished them, left when it was emptying out so I didn't kill the server.

Score was without Sound, No Communication with my Medic and I didn't relay any information too my team, I know I'm horrible but what can you do when your $1.97 Microphone is broken and you want to listen to music after work?

Now in addition to that, I know one of my friends, who I might add is decent but isn't as skillful as myself was in TheVille servers and was banned within 30 minutes, I was awaiting mine but it never came, perhaps they've learned to accept skill now.

No Caption Provided

PS: Was a 32 slot server, full, changed maps, stayed full, I was "owning" (Actually had 6 captures, let my medic cap it a few times) people left, so I left as I got bored.
    PPS: Full-Size image
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By zombie2011

Wow you're so good at games. Those guys were such noobs you should totally be playing with the pros. Why do those guys even play video games when they're so bad am i right?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous

What does this prove?

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @ajamafalous said: 

" What does this prove? "

Nothing. It proves nothing. 

Just that... this guy believes he's God. 

And what's a "pub"? I've heard "pug (pick up group)" but never "pub".
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ajamafalous
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @ajamafalous said: 

" What does this prove? "

Nothing. It proves nothing.  Just that... this guy believes he's God.  And what's a "pub"? I've heard "pug (pick up group)" but never "pub". "
    Public server, I would assume.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By thatfrood
    No Caption Provided
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo

Hey... who the fuck cares?

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Dalai

Great, he's waving his dick in our faces.  Anybody got a Kukri or Bonesaw?

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By bubahula

wow you're so great. i wish i was as awesome as you...then i would be able to make pointless threads of gloating.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
    @Dalai said:

"Great, he's waving his dick in our faces.  Anybody got a Kukri or Bonesaw? "

"All I can tell you about this next procedure is that it will be... excruciating!" 
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By breadfan

Hey guys, look at me!
     Hey guys, look at me!
    Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By Wildfire570
    No Caption Provided
    Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Arjuna

I beat MWF2 on the hardest difficulty!  Without dying!  Without even getting shot once!  With one hand tied behind my back!  Look at me!  LOOK AT ME!

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By wefwefasdf

Why is everyone freaking out? He just shared some game stats where he did well...

WildFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WildFire

I think you people missed the point, it was more of a rant, they seemed to "Ban" innocent players after 30 minutes of play, claiming they hacked, when in reality they where just good, This was made somewhat in rage that my friend was banned for "Hacking" but with a worse score then mine, so does that mean I'm hacking?.

More or less it's a way to "Bash" the idiotic community that is TheVille for banning innocent players that really aren't all that great without directly calling them a bunch of douche bag asshole dick suckers.

So just to clear some things up, this post wasn't made to show that I'm "God", (Because frankly it's a pub, nothing great about owning that) it was to bash TheVille for being a bunch of inbred hicks that eat babies and rape possums.

:)

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Geno

There's competitive Team Fortress 2? 

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ineedaname

Being someone who has ran servers and banned peeps for various reasons, they have to protect their server, I'd rather ban someone who is emptying the server and offend him than lose the servers popularity. Being on the losing team isn't fun.

However useless thread that looks to me like it's trying to do nothing than display an ego, an over-sized ego, an over-sized ego with a big e-penis attached.
    All in all your thread brings no discussion to the forum, and to be honest, I don't think anyone cares based on the responses.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dalai
    @SpikeSpiegel said:
    " Why is everyone freaking out? He just shared some game stats where he did well... "
    That post is a spy!
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RsistncE
    @Ineedaname said:
    " Being someone who has ran servers and banned peeps for various reasons, they have to protect their server, I'd rather ban someone who is emptying the server and offend him than lose the servers popularity. Being on the losing team isn't fun.  However useless thread that looks to me like it's trying to do nothing than display an ego, an over-sized ego, an over-sized ego with a big e-penis attached. All in all your thread brings no discussion to the forum, and to be honest, I don't think anyone cares based on the responses. "
    Anyone who honestly bans a player for being good is a douche and a fucking asshole. I fully agree with OP that it is complete garbage to ban for such a moronic and pathetic reason. I personally have never come across this issue and me and my brother usually hit top scores in pubs but I've heard of it happening now from a few players and if it's true then I'm fully against it and calling shenanigans on the loser admins who are doing such a thing.
    NubMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NubMonk

People play TF2 competitively? Really?

NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NoDeath

I'm going to answer the question seriously, even though I probably shouldn't

The same reason professional players of any sport (Yes, I'm lumping pro TF2 players in with those of actual sports, sue me) does not play against a group of disorganised people of average skill whom are just messing around for fun. Just sayin'

Buttes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Buttes

No Caption Provided
    karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By karneh

Aren't the only kind of servers pubs? I mean. There are privs (I can make acronyms too) but that is a needle in a sea of haystacks.

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By pwnasaurus

dude your soooo good holy shit! what a smarmy ass title and post
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @zombie2011: People aren't allowed to play games unless they're good? What if they just had a bad game? Do they have to be MLG to play? 

Please don't let this site become Gametrailers where people only talk about how l33t they are.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zombie2011
    @Lukeweizer: I was joking. 

They need to invent a new type of font that is only used for sarcasm.
    Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Yukoei

No Caption Provided
    Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28  Edited By Termite
    @RsistncE said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " Being someone who has ran servers and banned peeps for various reasons, they have to protect their server, I'd rather ban someone who is emptying the server and offend him than lose the servers popularity. Being on the losing team isn't fun.  However useless thread that looks to me like it's trying to do nothing than display an ego, an over-sized ego, an over-sized ego with a big e-penis attached. All in all your thread brings no discussion to the forum, and to be honest, I don't think anyone cares based on the responses. "
    Anyone who honestly bans a player for being good is a douche and a fucking asshole. I fully agree with OP that it is complete garbage to ban for such a moronic and pathetic reason. I personally have never come across this issue and me and my brother usually hit top scores in pubs but I've heard of it happening now from a few players and if it's true then I'm fully against it and calling shenanigans on the loser admins who are doing such a thing. "
    I do well in pubs too (top player a vast majority of the time), but I totally understand banning somebody for being too good and making the game not fun for other players. I mean, people are there to have fun, and if one player is completely disrupting the game then it kind of makes sense to get rid of them. 

Also, to the OP, The Ville servers suck. Not because they ban people for being too good, but because they don't have any personality. Hell, there ain't a point in playing TF2 if you aren't chatting the way I see it.
    Yzzerdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Yzzerdd
    @WildFire:  
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @WildFire:  i happen to despise those who are good at TF2 because in my fucked up mind and opinion, those good at that freaky disturbing hoppy hoppy game sorta have psychological issues.. its hard to explain. just know that if it was any other game you're GOD at, i'd, how do you say, remove my hat for you ? hmm cant remember the phrase
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RsistncE
    @Termite: Being legitimately good at a game is considered disrupting it? Wow. Man am I ever happy you guys aren't in charge of reffing or admin in sports otherwise the most talented athletes would get banned from games for being "disruptive".
    HockeyJohnston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HockeyJohnston

Don't ever trust a man who tripled everyone else's score on a server that obviously doesn't reset after each round. 

Score only matters in TF2 on a per-round basis. If you start adding up round after round (against people who showed up 5 minutes ago) it's going to make you seem much better than you really are.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Scooper

Thanks for whoever bumped the thread. This guy's gold. Never heard of modesty and keeping an ego in check. What a dick, lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.