Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Terraria

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 16, 2011

The first major 2D entry into the world of "open world" sandbox action-adventure games, Terraria is inspired by 16-bit platformers and allows players to mine for ores, craft new equipment, and fight monstrous bosses in a large procedurally-generated world.

How the hell do you do multiplayer terraria

1momosauky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 1momosauky

My friend and I have been trying for nearly an hour now, we have no idea how to do it. When we exchange IP addresses it sticks on the connecting screen forever. How is a modern game this fucking hard to get multiplayer going.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

You run the server, then connect to the ip. I've had no issues doing this with my friend.

Blacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Blacer

Terraria has a weird way of setting up a multiplayer server. The easy way out is ofcourse using hamachi. Download it and find some instructions about setting it up, I personally prefer port forwarding, but tha is a little harder to set up, to port forward u must first creat a static ip and stuff. I would try and use hamachi, its the easiest.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

Good question, it's damn near impossible.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Adamsons

One person runs the TerrariaServer console app, the other person conects to it. Make sure whatever port you are using is forwarded.

No issues here at all.

misterhaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By misterhaan

its default port is 7777. if you're behind a router you need to have the port forwarded to the machine hosting the game. if you have a firewall it needs to allow that port.

you have the option of host & play from within the regular game, but then the host can't use the disconnect / reconnect trick to quickly get back to the spawn point. the other option is to download the dedicated server from terraria.org — i haven’t actually run that yet but a friend of mine did and i connected to it fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.