Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Terraria

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 16, 2011

The first major 2D entry into the world of "open world" sandbox action-adventure games, Terraria is inspired by 16-bit platformers and allows players to mine for ores, craft new equipment, and fight monstrous bosses in a large procedurally-generated world.

This game is really awesome, except when you die.

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Original_Hank

Earlier I was playing my medium core character and I managed to finally work my way down to hell, where I made a stupid mistake and got killed. I tried a bunch of times to make my way down again but without my good gear it just wasn't happening. I got fed up and quit for the time being. I picked it up again and finally made it back to the spot where I died, to find all of my gear gone. I know video games ≠ productivity but this REALLY makes it all seem like a waste of time. Even Dark Souls isn't this gnarly when you die.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
    deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The default and original way of playing the game was softcore. Mediumcore was made to appeal to people who like the drop everything system from minecraft (I think?).

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you chose mediumcore and your complaining when the thing that mediumcore does happens?

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually just default to whatever the medium difficulty is in games so I figured this would be the way for me, and it DOES say what happens so I am ultimately to blame for picking it. but man, I just don't know if I can play anymore, I would basically be starting from scratch.

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...you delved too greedily and too deep.

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By schreiberty

@original_hank: you could always inventory edit your stuff back onto a normal character

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Original_Hank

@schreiberty: I wouldn't be that bummed out if I could save my game and come back and get my stuff but the fact that its all gone when you quit is pretty messed up. I don't think they say anything about that.

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this game. Minecraft, eat your heart out.

Build more Hellevators.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.