Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 29, 2014

A Beenox-developed sequel to the open world web-slinging game. High Voltage Software developed the 3DS version.

So apparently the Xbox one version isn't postponed?

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The Xbox one version is currently available for purchase on the Xbox marketplace and there are people streaming from Xbox ones so I assume you can actually play it. It's weird that activist on hasn't said anything about this and just kind of put it out. I wonder what even prompted the delay/cancel announcement.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Well this whole thing just got stupid.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rowr

Probably all a big powerplay from Activision to fuck with the developer.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Is anyone on Giant Bomb going to admit to buying a copy of this game?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@mb: I liked the last one enough. Don't have the money 'cause I'd rather spend it on Watch_Dogs, though.

drchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By drchi

@mb: I bought it.

Played and really liked the last one, so I picked this one up. I think they get a bad rap since they're seen as "movie tie-in" games but that's not what these are. For instance ASM1 story-wise was a sequel to the ASM1 movie. And a really good sequel. Wraps up a lot of loose ends from the first movie. Probably even better than the real ASM movie sequel will be. Honestly they should have titled these differently than the movie titles to signify they are not "hey it's Mario the Movie the Game!" I think they didn't though to make sure people knew they play in the world from the reboot movies.

Anyway I liked it. Beat it today and went right back into the world to keep messing around (which for me is a sign of a good game).

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@drchi said:

@mb: I bought it.

Played and really liked the last one, so I picked this one up. I think they get a bad rap since they're seen as "movie tie-in" games but that's not what these are. For instance ASM1 story-wise was a sequel to the ASM1 movie. And a really good sequel. Wraps up a lot of loose ends from the first movie. Probably even better than the real ASM movie sequel will be. Honestly they should have titled these differently than the movie titles to signify they are not "hey it's Mario the Movie the Game!" I think they didn't though to make sure people knew they play in the world from the reboot movies.

Anyway I liked it. Beat it today and went right back into the world to keep messing around (which for me is a sign of a good game).

They are being released alongside the movie and are rushed to meet the date. They are movie tie-in, even if they don't follow the movie's plot.

For instance, The Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay was a movie tie-in game, but its still regarded as one of the best movie licensed games ever. It has nothing to do with the movie besides the titular character.

Spongetwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I got it. Fun so far!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.