Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Butcher

Character » appears in 4 games

The Butcher is the first boss in Diablo, who resides in a small corpse-filled room and wields a large cleaver which he uses to maim and kill his victims. The Butcher utters his famous line, "Ah, fresh meat!" and attacks, wielding his namesake weapon: the Butcher's Cleaver.

Butcher Stories-

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Ferginator4k

The Butcher was a particularly memorable boss for me, i got Diablo. Installed it and started playing i reached the Butcher and was almost Instantly raped. I then used and exploit that let me basically replay the opening of the game over and over and keep the same character  so i eventually hit level 30 and 1 shot him.

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By nicolenomicon

Scared the shit out of me the first time I saw him. Then my dad just used to open and close the door repeatably making him say "Argh fresh meat" many times. Good fun that game.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By shirogane

First time i played Diablo was as a kid. Damn butcher thing scared the crap out of me. The quest, then going down there. That creepy atmospheric music. Then you find his room full of blood and  bodies. One of them still twitching. 
    Open the door... 
    'AH FRESH MEAT!' 
    And this MASSIVE Ogre thingy comes rushing at you at insane speeds. 

Killing him gets you the Butcher's Cleaver, which has been used in so many games. But nothing else has come close to the original butcher from Diablo, not for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.