Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Cursed Crusade

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Two Crusaders fight armies of enemies in order to free their souls of a sinister curse in this action game from Kylotonn.

Templar Bros.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By kingzetta

I bought Cursed Crusade yesterday for 10 bucks, after being interested in it for a while. I've played it for about 3 hours today and it is no doubt a very bad game, but I totally dig it. It's kinda like templar army of two. The gameplay is a bad version of god of war, but there is actually a lot of different weapons. There are: small swords, duel swords, maces, spears, great swords, shields, and axes. Also there is the curse, a crazy mode where you transform into a demon and throw fire at stuff. 

Now the reason I call it templar army of two, is because it's a co-op game if your in single player or not. One guy is the son of a templar, voiced by the guy that voices Roy mustang from full metal alchemist.  The other guy is Triumph the insult comic dog. The thing I actually like them is you get the sense that they are very good and believable friends. There are many things like army of two in it like, One guy has to stand here and help the other up, or they both have to push something, stuff like that.  The first level where your assaulting this castle, is actually pretty good without any qualifiers.

I don't know what to say, it is clearly a bad game but I totally dig it. It's like mount and blade mixed with god of war mixed with army of of two.

StrawHatLaw13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By StrawHatLaw13

@kingzetta: I got it next on my Gamefly I hope to be playing it this weekend with my buddy. I remember playing the demo and we had fun and breezed through it. And from what I remember in the demo, even though me and my buddy had a blast was that the combat seemed lacking. I'm hoping that when I play it again that it gets a little bit deeper just up to simple Dynasty Warriors level (x, x ,x, triangle etc.) I'm indeed expecting a bad game but I'm pretty sure it's still something I can enjoy w/ my friends on the couch. :)

And one last bit I wanted to share was what made me think of playing this game again. It was this movie I saw on Netflix called Ironclad w/ James Purefoy as a Templar who gives up his sword but eventually has to kick ass and Paul Giamatti as the evil King John. Anyways, it has really awesome action and costumes and that action really had me hyped to play this game. The main character's outfit is pretty much like Denz's and at one point he wears that badass templar helmet practically in order to protect himself. I really recommend it. Cheers.

No Caption Provided
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By kingzetta
    @StrawHatLaw13: you get the bucket helmet in the 4th level
    MrMcJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MrMcJerk

I'm really digging Cursed Crusade. It definitely has some flaws, but for the $20 I got my copy for new, it was worth it. The game could've gotten a lot more polish, what with all the clipping, occasionally wonky AI, and terrible ranged combat. But I have played far worse games that cost much more. And it's way better then Hunted: The Demon's Forge.

The kill animations using a mace are great as well. Very satisfying splats.

dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By dystonym

I hated it so damn much. There was this really weird delay between pressing the button and the guy swinging. I think the term is "animation priority" and if that is the right term, there's so damn much of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.