Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 01, 2002

The third entry in Bethesda's series of expansive first-person role-playing games. Arriving on the island of Vvardenfell as a prisoner, the player character is caught up in an ancient prophecy, as well as a power struggle between factions, races, and gods incarnate.

Any chance of a digital re-release?

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By wmoyer83

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I own a PS3, not a 360, so if this is already available on Xbox live then forgive me for being ignorant. My question is can or will this be re-released (in HD perhaps??) on a Sony console, or is it legally tied to Microsoft?

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

According to Wikipedia, it's pretty glitchy, compatibility-wise, so there's little chance of it happening on the 360.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mikemcn

If morrowind was ever put on a current generation console, it would be so different from the original game it wouldn't be worth playing, it's old, its meant for PC and it's been improved upon by many other games.

Edit: it was on Xbox? Well i'll be... I didn"t know that, nifty.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

I'd look into getting on Steam. It's old enough that literally any computer can run it. I had no problem back in 2003 with my 2.6 Ghz Pentium 4, 256MBs of ram and onboard graphics. Yep.

Also that game is basically unplayable without mods these days.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Hunkulese

@WMoyer83: Do you not have a pc?

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By DrPockets000

As has been said, Steam will contain the answers you seek.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By august

I'd say there's about zero chance in hell of Bethesda re-releasing the game on any console platform.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I love the game but it's far to old, clunky and (most importantly) text driven for Bethesda to port it and expect to make any money.

zephrr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By zephrr86

Morrowind is not unlike other titles of its time like Planescape Torment or even Baldurs Gate. It is dated but still a lot of fun. When I compare it to isometric games I only do so because they were the top dog until Morrowind came out in CRPG land. If you want to see more check out Gixg17 on Youtube. He does a very extensive lets play. He has something like 150 videos and still going.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.