Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

GOTY Edition On Sale Today for $6.79

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

The GOTY Edition of Oblivion is on sale today on Steam! You can pick it up here for $6.79. If you are at all curious how we got to Skyrim, Oblivion is definitely worth playing and experiencing, regardless of what a lot of people will try to tell you.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Oblivion might not be fun but I'm sure fucking around with the console in Oblivion is marvelous; also they have nearly identical metacritics/reviews so chances are when the next Elder Scrolls game comes out there'll be a bunch of revisionism about how bad Skyrim was and how amazing the new one is and blah.

I never actually had to buy Skyrim due to everyone else having it so probably not going to buy Oblivion unless it's 2 or 3 bucks. Will accept random steam codes though.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

so skyrim is tomorrows sale ? im only saying that cause we had morrowind and now oblivion !

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I always get bummed when any ID or Bethesda stuff comes up for sale mostly because I bought the QuakeCon pack in 2011 and it came with goddamn every ID and Bethesda game for $99 so now these sales are useless to me. Heh.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Heads up to potential buyers: Oblivion is super crash-happy on Windows 7 and (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) I don't believe there are any reliable fixes for it.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not worth a dollar seeing how badly Bethesda treats devs like Human Head. Don't support Bethesda scum.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TrafalgarLaw i agree with bethesda treating some developers badly but scum is pretty harsh duder

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not worth a dollar seeing how badly Bethesda treats devs like Human Head. Don't support Bethesda scum.

You forgot to spell it Bethe$da!

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@jimmyfenix said:

@TrafalgarLaw i agree with bethesda treating some developers badly but scum is pretty harsh duder

They're scum alright, releasing broken games for $60 only to have the game in a playable state a year later. They never patched the memory bug (inherent to their Gamebryo engine), dating from Oblivion and still persistent in skyrim, in Fallout: NV for Ps3.

Activision gets a lot flak for using an Id-Tech 2 engine dating from 2005. Bethesda gets praise for using a 2003 engine in a 2011 game. Constant bugs and glitches only modders on PC can fix. And then they flat out scrap Prey 2 (a near finished game) after not paying their contractual payments. Dishonored development went bad and Doom 4 got scrapped also. I correct my statement, they're

putrid scum.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Heads up to potential buyers: Oblivion is super crash-happy on Windows 7 and (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) I don't believe there are any reliable fixes for it.

I didn't have any issues playing Oblivion when I was using Windows 7, and I still don't have any issues playing it on Windows 8

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By august

@jimmyfenix said:

They're scum alright, releasing broken games for $60 only to have the game in a playable state a year later. They never patched the memory bug (inherent to their Gamebryo engine), dating from Oblivion and still persistent in skyrim, in Fallout: NV for Ps3.

Activision gets a lot flak for using an Id-Tech 2 engine dating from 2005. Bethesda gets praise for using a 2003 engine in a 2011 game. Constant bugs and glitches only modders on PC can fix. And then they flat out scrap Prey 2 (a near finished game) after not paying their contractual payments. Dishonored development went bad and Doom 4 got scrapped also. I correct my statement, they're

putrid scum.

Prey 2 was near finished?

You got a citation on that?

Avatar image for commandergermanshepard
    CommanderGermanShepard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean Bethesda publishing aka Zenimax or Bethesda game developer aka Todd Howard? Not that I care anyway, they could run game dev sweat shops and as long as Fallout 4 comes out I would turn a blind eye.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@august said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

@jimmyfenix said:

putrid scum.

Prey 2 was near finished?

You got a citation on that?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/01/prey-2-was-a-full-game-and-a-crazy-fun-one-says-ex-human-head-employee/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPMr0joaE6A Looks pretty far along in 2011 (!) to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.