Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 04, 2014

An MMORPG set in the world of Nirn, focusing on the familiar continent of Tamriel, taking place a thousand years before The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

Do Skills Reset After Inactivity or With Major Updates?

moz822

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

So I really dove deep into the Elder Scrolls for the Xbox One a few months ago when the game launched. After working my way up to level 24, which by no means is that high of a level, I found that all of my skill points had been reset. Has anyone else experienced this on either the PS4 or Xbox One? Does this happen with inactivity or with major updates? I know that some players were experiencing the loss of their character but that was the first or two weeks when the game launched and luckily that never happened to me during those fire few weeks after launch. So I played the game a few days every week for about a month and a half. Then I stopped playing up until today I turned the game on and noticed it was all reset with 42 skill points in the bank. I guess I'm lucky that they weren't completely lost but this is very annoying and hopefully this isn't something that happens with each update.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They only reset after major patches that include a lot of skill re-balancing. It's a common thing in MMOs when they adjust abilities due to overpowered or under powered. It definitely doesn't happen every patch though.

moz822

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@takayamasama: Well that's a little reassuring. Thanks for the info!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.