Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Anyone getting the skyrim bug again?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

After all this dawnguard talk I decided to jump on steam and boot up Skyrim for the first time in months. Possibly a few months break was what I needed because now I'm back in the saddle so to speak. Played a few thieves guild quests last night and most likely will jump back in tonight. Dunno if it's in my head or what but the game also seems to just run better and be slightly better optimized on PC now. Anyone else jumping back on the skyrim train this summer?

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By FreakAche

I never really stopped playing.

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

Yes! I just started feeling the urge to Skyrim again. I never finished the Thieves Guild or that other one that I can't remember the name of. The wandering group of warriors? I need to do that too. I'll be interested in the expansion when it comes to PC!

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Vinny_Says

Yes but I lost Shadowmere and I can't find him and that totally bums me out. On the other hand I made dragonbone weapons and they are awrsome! Seriously that game just never ends; my map is pretty full up but I still found 3 new nordic dungeons last night....

I'm fully back in.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#5  Edited By Svenzon

As soon as Dawnguard comes out on PC, I'm jumping back in again. You're right about the game running smoother nowadays too. I used to get some stuttering in large open areas and foggy places, but that's actually nearly gone now.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By david3cm

I jumped back in with a new character to get ready for some Dawngaurd and am enjoying it quite alot. Ive tried to jump back in a few times over the months but felt tired of it, but with the addition of some new content my Skyrim bug is back again.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By Justin258

I hopped back in a few weeks ago, played about thirty hours, and then haven't picked it up since. My brother has recently gotten it, but for some reason the PS3 version seems to be freezing every time he goes underwater, so he's treading very carefully so as to avoid going underwater.

So, it seems like a lot of people are getting this itch at the same time.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dawnguard has more or less rekindled the old love for me. But I can't stay focused on any quests for more than a few minutes. I'm much more at home just exploring the world.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By c_rakestraw

@believer258 said:

I hopped back in a few weeks ago, played about thirty hours, and then haven't picked it up since. My brother has recently gotten it, but for some reason the PS3 version seems to be freezing every time he goes underwater, so he's treading very carefully so as to avoid going underwater.

Tell him to delete the update data and reinstall it. That will fix the water-glitch. Should be under "game utilities" or something like that.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Justin258

@C_Rakestraw said:

@believer258 said:

Tell him to delete the update data and reinstall it. That will fix the water-glitch. Should be under "game utilities" or something like that.

I did. Hardhead won't do it because he'll have to wait for it to redownload.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I've had the Skyrim bug since the game came out. Still on the same playthrough, taking my sweet ass time with it. Rushing an Elder Scrolls game or putting 200 hours into it in one month isn't how I enjoy it.

TheJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By TheJohn

Yeah, after taking four months off I'm jumping back in to join the thieves guild. I'll buy the expansion eventually on PC, but I'll wait for a patch and a price drop. I love the games Bethesda makes, but they've proved time and again that they don't deserve day one purchases. No biggie though. After 110 hours I still have most of the quests unfinished. Shit, I haven even been to Falkreath yet.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By redbliss

This happens to me with every one of Bethesda's RPGs. When I first get the game I play it for long periods of time, then when I put it down I dont pick it back up for about 3 to 4 months. I havent felt the urge to play skyrim again, but somewhere down the line I will pick it back up and play the hell out of it again. Right now, though, I have been playing other games that I have had for a while.

Vestigial_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vestigial_Man

I only stopped playing a short while ago but all the talk around Dawnguard has pulled me right back to it. In addition, now I've bought the PC version I can explore all the mods I was missing out on playing on PS3. There is so much I still want to get out of that game even with 300hrs played already and that's not even counting the time I'll want to spend in the DLC.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#15  Edited By c_rakestraw

@believer258 said:

@C_Rakestraw said:

@believer258 said:

Bah. It's only a few minute download! He needs to learn a thing or two about patience.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Justin258

@C_Rakestraw said:

@believer258 said:

@C_Rakestraw said:

@believer258 said:

Bah. It's only a few minute download! He needs to learn a thing or two about patience.

Not for our internet connection. It's more like a 30 minute or so download. Other things in our house aren't that slow, but PSN is really slow for some reason.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Robo

Not really. My character is still insanely overpowered. That's why I stopped playing ages ago. Saw the story, and there was no more challenge to it.

Also, the expansion should have hit much earlier. Hell, I'm on PC so I still don't have it and will likely care even less when it does come out.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18  Edited By galiant

@FreakAche said:

Yeah, this.

Also: Fuck timed exclusives. I will never buy a console for a timed exclusive, I wish they would stop.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Icemo

@Robo: Ramp up the difficulty if you feel too powerful. At Master difficulty you do 0.5x dmg and take 2x dmg. But that won't probably make you play skyrim again if you already played through the story.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hatking

@redbliss said:

This happens to me with every one of Bethesda's RPGs. When I first get the game I play it for long periods of time, then when I put it down I dont pick it back up for about 3 to 4 months. I havent felt the urge to play skyrim again, but somewhere down the line I will pick it back up and play the hell out of it again. Right now, though, I have been playing other games that I have had for a while.

Funny, now that I think about it, I'm the same way. I actually got really frustrated with Fallout 3 and didn't play it for months. Then went back on a whim and did every quest, all the DLC, and capped my character - one of my all time favorite games now. I didn't quit playing Skyrim out of frustration, but I did take a long break from it. I'm about to dive back in though.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EvilTwin

Dawnguard is really making me want to pick it up again, but I think I'd regret it if I didn't wait for the Game of the Year edition. 

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

@FreakAche said:

Yeah me too, the new additions after release were pretty outstanding as well.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By TheHT

yeah. my first character did all the faction quests and then went to focus on the main quest but was kinda bored. also the first time i played i did everything even when i had inclinations to do something else.

for instance, i wanted to kill the dark brotherhood, but thinking of all that content i'd be missing out on decided against it. now having started a new character and doing whatever i want, i'm having way more fun than i did the first time.

and that goes for gameplay too. instead of locking down to a weapon tree i'm pretty much using whatever i feel like, which mostly consists of stealthing around and fucking shit up, as opposed to my other character's two-hander rampaging.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SlightConfuse

yep really getting into it while nothing of substance is coming out this summer

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Hizang

I too have the bug, I'm going to hold off untill the DLC hits PS3, then me and Shadowmere are going to go on a fucking rampage Vampire lord style.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#26  Edited By MightyDuck

I had gotten the Skyrim itch after seeing the Dawnguard Quick Look as well. However, twice in a row I loaded it and started a quest. As soon as I crossed a particular river the game froze my ps3. Not quite sure what the cause is. Needless to say it sort of killed my ambition to dive back in.

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sean2206

I never really git the bug the first time, git the game for Christmas, just couldn't really get into it for any significant period, then about a month ago I picked it up and now I am absolutely addicted and currently loving Dawnguard with at least 2 faction lines, the civil war and a few Daedric quests to go on top of whatever else I find. There is so much in this game.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By musubi
    @MightyDuck I really feel bad for PS3 folks yall got screwed big time. Its dissapointing they dropped the ball so much.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By natetodamax

I'm starting to feel the urge. I may jump back in again soon.

Avatar image for genocidalkitten
    GenocidalKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GenocidalKitten

@HatKing said:

@redbliss said:

Funny, now that I think about it, I'm the same way. I actually got really frustrated with Fallout 3 and didn't play it for months. Then went back on a whim and did every quest, all the DLC, and capped my character - one of my all time favorite games now. I didn't quit playing Skyrim out of frustration, but I did take a long break from it. I'm about to dive back in though.

I did the exact same thing with Fallout: New Vegas, the only difference is I started playing it again because I started listening to the back log of bombcasts and wanted something to do while I listened.

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By theimmortalbum

I bought an SSD and jumped back in, after dumping around 50 hours in at launch. I've put in another 10 or so and.. just.. the combat. I don't know. Maybe I'm playing too many new chars and just keep seeing the same quests over and over, but the longer dungeons really bum me out. I'm playing a Redguard, 1h/shield and the combat really does just not engage me at all.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By musubi

@theimmortalbum: I main in conjuration magic and its great. I love summoning my minions and having them wipe the floor with everyone. DANCE MY PUPPETS. DANCE!!!!

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By valiantgrizzly

I lost my saves (and 850-odd gamer score) for Skyrim a few months ago, after 80ish hours played.

Been trying to work up the will to jump back in again because I really want an S-rank, but fuck, it's so huge. And I have my backlog to play through this summer.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cornbredx

Ya. I admit it. I bought it again this time for my PC (because I have a PC now that can handle it). I don't feel bad about it either.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mrpandaman

On the PS3, I got some weird bugs where Skjor and Kodlak of the companions guild would occasionally appear after I go to sleep (in-game of course :D ) except they'd be half naked, stuck in the ground, and would aggro any hostile enemies. I couldn't interact with them other than them saying something along the lines of "I'm busy" or "talk to me later." Eventually they would just disappear out of nowhere.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By musubi

@CornBREDX: PC is the way to go man!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cornbredx
    @Demoskinos: Ya, I'm finding a renewed love for it. The game is pretty great alone, but add some mods into the mix (just to add some fidelity like better looking water, snow, more flocks of birds, better trees, fan patches, AI fixes etc. - you know, just to spruce it up a bit) really adds a lot to it for me. 
    Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vonocourt

I think I may start a new character, apparently I missed some Daedric items by finishing the main quest.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started playing again once I watched the Dawnguard quick look and am having fun again. If I just stop wandering around aimlessly then I have more fun. I've experienced a bug where the game crashes to desktop when I go towards the rear of White Run (outside, not inside). It usually happens around the bridge near the farm and rapids area. Not sure what's going on but it's getting annoying.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By _Zombie_

Got back on, beat Dawnguard, and I'm pretty much back off again.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By ReyGitano

When you said the Skyrim bug, I thought you were talking about how, when I pick up items in the game since getting Dawnguard, gravity is reversed in the opposite direction.

Makes decorating your house even worse.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By joshth

Actually I recently picked up Morrowind again, after giving it like a thousand mods. My plan is once I finish messing around with that I'll go to Oblivion, and then to Skyrim once more. God all these games are great...

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MEATBALL

Skyrim Bug? Which one? *badoom tish* I've gotten back into it, but not quite to the same extent as when it first launch, partly because I've found myself with a whole bunch of games to play right now thanks to sales and such.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#44  Edited By DJJoeJoe

After putting 120+ hours into the game I haven't really thought about it since then (months). I have a feeling I'll maybe check the game out again when the second DLC is out (seems likely the last).

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By musubi

Man, some of these Deadric quests are fantastic. I'm pretty much making them my focus right now. Really like this Dawnbreaker sword. I'm sure its by far not one of the best swords in the game buuuuut its pretty good for what I have access to right now as far as 1h swords. Also, being able to summon Deadric Lords now to fight for me is fucking awesome.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Leptok

Yup, but,my damn controller stopped working.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vonocourt

Just spent about five hours with a brand new character, so yeah.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By haggis

I had set it aside until a few weeks ago. I wanted to pick up my last few achievements. Then I found the dragon shrine (hadn't even heard of it) and now I want to collect all the masks. And now Dawnguard is out, and I just don't have time to play. I can see myself putting another thirty hours in once I get some free time. My character is already Level 78, though, and even on the higher difficulties the game isn't much of a challenge. I might need to roll another character, or at a minimum find an earlier save at a lower level. I don't think I could deal with starting out at level 1 again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.