Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Do all the Holds seem a little...the same?

NeonBlackJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By NeonBlackJack

I've put maybe ten hours into Skyrim so far and I'm enjoying it immensely. However, I've completed my visit to High Hrothgar and want to diverge from the main quest for a while. I've been trekking around, marking places on my maps on my way to visit the various Holds of Skyrim -- and I'm a little disappointed. So far, they resemble each other immensely and I haven't been given any particularly captivating quests.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a truly awesome hold to visit or a really awesome quest-line for my mage-warrior to follow? I know there must be great content in the huge world, but right now I find myself skimming the too-similar surface.

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By sfighter21

@NeonBlackJack said:

I've put maybe ten hours into Skyrim so far and I'm enjoying it immensely. However, I've completed my visit to High Hrothgar and want to diverge from the main quest for a while. I've been trekking around, marking places on my maps on my way to visit the various Holds of Skyrim -- and I'm a little disappointed. So far, they resemble each other immensely and I haven't been given any particularly captivating quests.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a truly awesome hold to visit or a really awesome quest-line for my mage-warrior to follow? I know there must be great content in the huge world, but right now I find myself skimming the too-similar surface.

Markarth is pretty different from your run-of-the-mill towns... Don't really know much else to tell you.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rebel_Scum

I find the dwarven/dwemer ruins to be quite lame. Caves are the best setting I find.

A good quest is 'A night to remember.' Go to the inn in Whiterun and start the drinking contest with the bloke at the counter.

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By tread311

Oblivion and Skyrim both suffer from this. Everything pretty much looks the same, and all the dungeons and quest areas do as well. Makes me miss Morrowind where each area had a distinct look and even weather to it.

Harpell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Harpell

I dunno, I thought there were a few areas that looked pretty different. The Reach has that Scottish highlands vibe, The Rift with it's autumnal forests, the huge glaciers up near Dawnstar, the huge plains west of Whiterun...I thought the exterior areas were pretty varied. Now the dungeons, that's a slightly different story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.