Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

What can you do with Dragon Bones and Dragon Scales?

devmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By devmac

I just killed my first dragon and it was awesome!

After I search through his/her's corpse I got some heavy ass dragon bones and dragon scales. What can I do with them? I don't know what they can be used for? I don't want to sell them, and I can't store them since I don't have a house yet. Can anyone tell what they are good for other then money, can I make dragonbone and dragonscale armor?

Thanks

evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By evildeadron

yes

devmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By devmac

@evildeadron: So yes I can make armor?

evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By evildeadron

yes, just look all the way down the armor skill tree

devmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By devmac

@evildeadron: Ok, is there anyway to store an item without a owning a house? They take up a lot of inventory space.

MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MrRedwine

You WILL be fighting other dragons, you know.

devmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By devmac

@MrRedwine: Excellent point.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thehexeditor

I heard that Daedric armor, despite being below Dragon in the smithing tree, is better.

I don't like the look of the dragon set and the daedric set looks badass so this was a relief.

ConmanMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ConmanMC

You realize if you go into pretty much any pub, a drunk dude will ask you to fight with him. Beat him, he will become your follower. Use him as a storage mule.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By gkhan

If you've killed the first Dragon, go back to the Dragonsreach keep, and the Jarl will give you a "housecarl" named Lydia. She can follow you around and help you fight stuff, but she'll also keep things that you give her, so you can store stuff by giving it to her. There's another person in the inn who will also become your "companion" or whatever if you beat her in a fistfight. That's how I stored stuff before I got a house (though you can get one fairly quickly if you work at it and don't waste money).

edit: should add that she doesn't have to follow you around, you can leave your stuff with her and she'll have them when you come back.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ares42

@thehexeditor said:

I heard that Daedric armor, despite being below Dragon in the smithing tree, is better.

I don't like the look of the dragon set and the daedric set looks badass so this was a relief.

The Deadric armor is indeed better, but it's also way way harder to make (before guides are available). When I reached 100 smithing I already had enough dragon stuff to make chest and helm, while I've so far only found one of the items you specifically need to create Daedric items.

TruthOasis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TruthOasis

You can store items in pretty much any place and it will stay there. I did this until I could afford to buy a house and then transferred all my stuff over to my house. I don't think you want to leave your stuff outside a house for too long though because I heard that it can reset.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By RandomHero666

I dumped all my stuff on Lydia.. about 20 dragon bone/scales and all the loot from several dungeons to sell later.

I have no idea where she is.. I haven't seen her in a while, if she's alive.. will she respawn at the place I got her??

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Hizang

@RandomHero666: She does not come back if killed.

Oh and to answer the OP, early on just concentrate on selling them, money is more important early on. Infinite dragons!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@TruthOasis said:

You can store items in pretty much any place and it will stay there. I did this until I could afford to buy a house and then transferred all my stuff over to my house. I don't think you want to leave your stuff outside a house for too long though because I heard that it can reset.

Considering the many warnings the game itself throws at you (loading screen, help menu, manual) "Warning! Do not leave things in containers you do not own! They may not be there when you come back." I wouldn't store anything valuable outside of your house. You and others may have been lucky, but I'd hate for someone else to lose a lot of valuable stuff based on that advice.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Pinworm45

@Hizang said:

@RandomHero666: She does not come back if killed.

Oh and to answer the OP, early on just concentrate on selling them, money is more important early on. Infinite dragons!

She goes to your house if you have one, else she goes back to where you got her.

It might take several hours of game time. Play around, wait about 24 hours, then go look.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By natetodamax

I've been selling all my dragon bones and scales. You make a good bit of gold off them.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By MikkaQ

It's just good for selling until you can get your smithing skill tree maxed which seems crazy to me. Dragons fights are surprisingly frequent.

devmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By devmac

Thanks for the input, I already sold them. They are heavy sob's.

I did not realize that Lydia can be a pack mule, thanks for the tip, back to looting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.