Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

What's the funniest glitch you've seen in Skyrim?

• 83 results
    ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ztiworoh

We all know that these games have a certain level of jank, but sometimes that can add some character to the world. I've had the little things like running through an open field and watching a mammoth drop from the sky, or randomly having a dragon skeleton appear in the middle of the College at Winterhold. That said, a couple nights back, I had the strangest yet.

I was in White Run and as I'm walking towards Dragonsreach, I notice something in one of those flowing pools of water that are by the steps. I go towards it and realize it's a dead body. Upon further examination, it's one of the Battle-Born clan members, who appears to have died somehow in the water. Every time I go to the city, there he is now, a dead corpse floating in the water. That said, he had a pretty decent amulet on him that I was able to loot.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TooSweet

At White Run inside the temple, the guy that offers to come with me see the original tree for their town square steps out of the temple and all his hair disappears. It comes back later though. Once a sabre cat or whatever it's called jumps at me, I swipe it with my sword while it's in mid-air and I have no idea where it lands. There is no body anywhere. I could swear I smacked it into space.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

I've literally found none. I have my screenshot button ready, but nothing to press it for. Well, nothing like this to press it for.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By adoggz

for me outside of whiterun by the stables theres a guy who is stuck halfway in the ground and standing right next to him is the same guy and they both talk at the same time when i try and talk with one of them.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Why is the general attitude towards the Bethesda jank so negative?  

I've only played 3 Bethesda games including Skyrim, but I must say that their janky glitches have NEVER been something that made me feel the game was broken. I actually enjoy it and look forward to it when the game has some queer shit going on with the AI or the world. It's harmless and extremely entertaining.

DiscoDuck8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By DiscoDuck8k

A dragon fell from the sky and was dead the second he hit the ground in front of me. Soul absorbed, and I'm just wondering... what?

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jothel

Flying foxes

Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

god, there's so many great one's I experienced. best one would have to be when I was fighting a dragon and it disappeared, then it was spiraling backwards out of the ground straight into the sky. Spiraling like a tornado. Better than the flying mammoth, or sonic the hedgehog horse I had come across.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror

Either animals with their heads stuck in the ground or their bodies stuck in the ground with their heads poking out. Pink Marshmallow Dragon is also a good one.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By crusader8463

I downloaded the 1.2 patch a few min ago and now the game won't load the fucking menu start screen. It's now a $60 screen saver. It's down right hilarious that they can get away with releasing shit like this and are never held accountable for it.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By BraveToaster

A dragon was doing barrel-rolls outside of Markarth.

Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Revolver

My horse was fighting this giant when all of a sudden the giant just disappeared. I thought it was funny since the horse was the one losing.

beckley205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By beckley205

I was in Whiterun and the game froze.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By benspyda

Stealing someones key from their pocket and then asking them for that key and them still giving it to me. Now I have 2 of the same key, how useful!

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AiurFlux

The backwards flying dragons. I was shooting at one with arrows and the fucking thing teleported to a complete 180 and kept flipping back and forth.

Absolutely hilarious, but pathetic at the same time.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By UnrealDP

It's not really a glitch, but I love being able to literally pickpocket the pants off people. You'd be surprised at all the naked guards watching the gates of Skyrim.

Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
    Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

Well saw my first!

Shadowmare apparently hitched a ride ontop of a frost dragon, got pretty high and fell to his death... decided to reload that save

AndyD74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AndyD74

I wouldn't say this is a glitch, but I was swimming in some deep water near the bottom and I look to the right to see a fox walking along the floor of the river.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw a mammoth chilling on a dragons tail, but that's it. Most of the other glitches just pissed me off.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By Dagbiker

I went into whiterun, and the kids came running through the streets as usual. But when they started talking it was like they where yelling. Then when they where done talking the speech started to repeat its self. So I had 3kids and a million voices.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mahonay

People standing back up and running in place after I've killed them. They still appear as dead, but just running, indefinitely.

AndyD74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AndyD74

I was about to start fighting a dragon who had landed on the ground near me. I had Erik the Slayer as a companion. He came running up passed me and did what looked like a long jump of about 50 ft. and landed on the back of the dragon. I was like, "Hell yeah man! Get 'em!"

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BlinkyTM

There was a lady in whiterun outside the tavern with just her head sticking out of the ground. Needless to say I teabagged it.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By McGhee

@BlinkyTM said:

There was a lady in whiterun outside the tavern with just her head sticking out of the ground. Needless to say I teabagged it.

Yes, that's only natural.

AndyD74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AndyD74

Did you also provide crackers for her tea?

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Poppduder

I've always been lucky with not getting you much bethesda jank. However, I did see a rabbit who apparently took a water walking potion. He was jet skiing at an incredible velocity. Also I was moving a book on a table to decorate my house, it clipped against the wall then shot across the room, bouncing off the walls and knocking a bunch if stuff down. Reloaded a save... I can't stand a messy house.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was at the Companion's hideout and one of the guys drew his sword and would automatically bring up a conversation with him.  I exited the conversation and I left the building.  As soon as I walk out the same dude is standing with his sword drawn and brings up the same dialogue options with him...  After exiting dialogue options and I realize that hes following me I know something is wrong.  I try to escape his madness by fast travelling but it says Im being chased by a guard....  So I basically cant move without stopping every 5 seconds.  I cant find my goddamn horse as well.  I solved the problem by having to go to Solitude and pay off my fine.  Thank god I had multiple saves otherwise I wouldve had to travel by foot to Solitude from Whiterun with a werewolf madman trying to constantly talk to me every 5 seconds....

MidgardDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MidgardDragon

A dragon landed right as I was getting off my horse to go exploring a cave. I fought it and went looking for my horse, only to realize that in the landing the dragon had forced it onto a nearby rooftop. Luckily it was close enough to the edge that I could still activate it, so I rode around on the roof a bit then jumped down and went on my merry way.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

At one point my main quest broke and I had to go back two hours, it was fucking hilarious.

MidgardDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MidgardDragon

>see thread for humorous glitches

>post game-breaking glitch complaint sarcastically

Makes sense!

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sjupp

A screenshot I took of an argonian that freaked me the shit out when I turned around and stared at.. this.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Remember the horses having sex thing? Yeah, well that, but mammoths :P

omergd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#33  Edited By omergd1

i ran into a naked courier

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By VisariLoyalist

at one point a book was stuck inside a table. it kept clipping on the space in between the table and the world (the space between spaces if you will) and making a loud and fast sound as it played the book dropping noise rapidly over and over again.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By plaintomato

I walked out of my house in whiterun and right in front of me a lady fell out of the sky and died. I pillaged her body while everyone stood around and commented along the lines of "what the hell happened?" - the passerby comments were hilariously astute.

I think it was the blacksmith chick, but the dude that buys my loot is still in the armor shop so I didn't really care.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By thatfrood

Only the cowl renders when I wear the dragon masks, so you just see the back of the hood where a face should be. I kind of like it, though. Makes me feel like some scary ass phantom.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@plaintomato said:

I walked out of my house in whiterun and right in front of me a lady fell out of the sky and died. I pillaged her body while everyone stood around and commented along the lines of "what the hell happened?" - the passerby comments were hilariously astute.

I think it was the blacksmith chick, but the dude that buys my loot is still in the armor shop so I didn't really care.

If she's outside, you can buy stuff from her, and has different inventory and amount of money than the guy inside the shop (if she's inside, she has the same stuff and money as the guy). So you lost a shopkeeper who can buy stuff from you. Just sayin'.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By plaintomato

@AlexanderSheen said:

@plaintomato said:

If she's outside, you can buy stuff from her, and has different inventory and amount of money than the guy inside the shop (if she's inside, she has the same stuff and money as the guy). So you lost a shopkeeper who can buy stuff from you. Just sayin'.

Damn. I'm always having to hit up multiple towns...would've been convenient but se la vie.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By fetchfox

Tried the Ice Form shout on some wolfs for fun, and they both go flying of in the air, spinning around like crazy like their on drugs and spacing out to dubstep. Probably some videos of it out there.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By Slaker117

The mannequins in my Solitude house occasionally animate as if they were idle NPCs. It freaked me out the first time it happened, but now I kind of like it.

picklecannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By picklecannon

Horse just sliding away from me at 200 km/h when I get off of it. Just watching it slide over everything without slowing down. That includes trees, houses and mountains.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By inkerman

Brill from the Companions guild randomly died once (he was no longer there, and I found his urn in the hall of the dead), but I never found his body. Then after I took Whiterun for the Stormcloaks, when Whiterun reloaded, his body is now lying naked out the front of the blacksmith.

Ragnarok512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ragnarok512

Found this one yesterday. Easily my favorite so far.

n11n12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By n11n12

I was sneaking behind a giant to backstab it when nearby a mammoth literally spawned inside another mammoth. The first mammoth jittered around for a few seconds and sent the second one flying straight up. It took a good ten seconds for it to fall back to ground, pause for a second, then keel over.

Then a sabre cat attacked the group and was itself launched by a single blow of the giant's club. Since the other two made it look so fun, I ran over the giant saying, "my turn, my turn," and was promptly rocketed skyward.

Dear Bethesda, don't ever patch that out.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Leptok

Whenever I enter Belathor's in Whiterun, Lydia decides to teleport into the back room and comes running from behind the counter to meet me.

Imensae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Imensae

I jumped on a rock after attempting to fight a giant. The giant swung down with his club, hitting the rock, and then launched into the air. I thought nothing of it, just a weird glitch, until I finished a quest in Whiterun walked out the main gate and the giant landed infront of me.

Also had part of a river disappear and a bunch of goats, elk and bears started spawning in the gap underwater.

Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Helimocopter

I stood on a pot and it shot out from under me and killed a skeever

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#48  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

FUS ROH DAH'd a giant into another giant pounding the ground which sent both flying through the air, wish I could have gotten video of that.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By yakov456

Saw a lonely mammoth suddenly take off like a rocket straight up. A few seconds later he came soaring back down landing on his feet like nothing happened.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

Uthgard showed up to my wedding dead and naked. So my bride wouldn't marry me and the preacher wanted me out. To solve this problem I dragged Uthgard's body to the celler of the temple and asked my wife to marry me again.

And a guard in Riften was floating above some water.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.