Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls

Franchise »

The Elder Scrolls is a long-running franchise of role-playing games made by Bethesda Softworks. The series is known for offering much freedom to the player and many choices of how to play.

Reading the books?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

So, I played all of the Elder Scroll games from Morrowind and on. I got some mods for Morrowind and Oblivion and recently got the Skyrim Legacy edition since I gave my original copy away a long time ago. I'm just wondering if the books in these games are worth the read, I know some are very long and there are a ton, but is the lore in this series worth it? I read everything with the Mass Effect series as I enjoy the background of RPGs, just wondering how well it is done with these games.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you like that shit. Yeah a lot of the books are pretty damn good. Although there is no Lusty Argonian Maid :(

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The lore is great, and worth looking into. Rather than reading the books in game though, which could be a chore, I'd recommend using a website like The Imperial Library.

They have all the books on there, but they also have their own history and lore summaries written in an encyclopaedic style. Well worth your time if you're interested.

http://www.imperial-library.info/

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I actually have them on my kindle. They make for great bathroom reading material.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.