Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

New Trailer (Red band)

kellychun75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kellychun75

Sony debuted this new trailer and TV spot for The Last of Us during tonight’s season finale of The Walking Dead on AMC. The video teases the story behind The Last of Us and shows new characters, new environments, and new, never before seen action sequences, but it's Amazon-exclusive. So if you want it, you must get it from Amazon. What do you guys think of this trailer, and some of the content being amazon exclusive?

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By EuanDewar

I'm weirdly unexcited for this game and I cant quite put my finger on why. I guess I had my fill of the action from a Naughty Dog game and the adult dude/young girl dynamic from the Walking Dead and to a certain extent Bioshock Infinite?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

goddamn i love that theme. really just brings you down.

i was never ever super pumped for this. i remember being excited at the reveal, but never excited like, i dunno, half-life 2 excited. but this seems like it could be a similar experience to Alan Wake for me. something i was never particularly pumped for, but eventually played through and was blown away.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Benny

Just got round to watching this after Ryan mentioned it on the bombcast. If they can maintain the level of tension and 'survival' gameplay that the various gameplay demos have shown this game could be quite special. I'm way into the southern twang Troy Baker's got going on here too after recently watching every episode of justified.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, the gore in this game is pretty intense. Makes me think I'll be hesitant to be a violent bastard during the action sequences.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hell yeah

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm still very excited for this. Its just that, Ima go ahead and surprise myself with how much I like the campaign. I'm a'hundred percent, going to buy this. I'm just looking forward to the multiplayer, more than I am the campaign.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@euandewar: After the reveal at last year's E3, I was quite certain that if The Last of Us wasn't one of my five favorite games all generation it'd be a personal disappointment. I continued to feel that way most of the year, up until they started showing what gameplay looked like with the creepers, and my interest has waned more and more since, really for no particular reason other than it reminded me of the ways both Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 2 took me on great, awe-inspiring rides up to the points where both bucked the rails and turned into two of the lamest games I've had the pleasure of completing this generation.

Seeing the infected reminds me of that a little too much for me to put all my faith in Naughty Dog right now. I fully expect 80% of The Last of Us to be stunning and unlike anything I've seen in a game before. But it's that 20% nagging at me from my subconscious that has me very unsure if a purchase of this game would be a smart idea, of if I should just wait for the inevitable PS+ subsidy.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Marcsman

Yes. Probably my last PS3 game.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'm weirdly unexcited for this game and I cant quite put my finger on why. I guess I had my fill of the action from a Naughty Dog game and the adult dude/young girl dynamic from the Walking Dead and to a certain extent Bioshock Infinite?

Perhaps because it gives off a movie feel more than it does a game feel?

I understand that the trailers for most games these days look like movie trailers but this one across as closer to a movie trailer than most. At least to me. I'd like to see more gameplay than I've seen. All I really know is that it's a third person shooter where ammo is going to be short, which doesn't necessarily sell it to me.

Still, I'm quite hopeful for it. Maybe this will be Naughty Dog's return to the list of my favorite developers. I wasn't a big fan of Uncharted.

Wow, the gore in this game is pretty intense. Makes me think I'll be hesitant to be a violent bastard during the action sequences.

I also thought of this. Few games make blood and gore have any sort of meaningful impact, and this one really seems like it could, though chopping a dude's head off with a lazy stroke of a probably dull knife was a bit of a stretch.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excited

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.